Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Electrical

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 11-18-2010, 07:08 AM   #1

Send a message via AIM to sprtskhne33 Send a message via Yahoo to sprtskhne33
Share |
Question

basement help

Ok, I'm going to rewire my basement. It is an unfinished basement, and I know that requires GFCI protect circuits. With it being unfinished, could I still run NM cable or would I be better off using Metal Clad cable? The wire will be exposed which is my whole point to this question. I have no way of getting it finished due to the low ceiling to the top of my head, and block walls. I'm just pulling out old and putting in new and adding more lights as well as 20 amp receptacles. I was thinking about running pvc conduit also, but then the idea on drilling holes in the ceiling, running the pipe, then running the wire in the pipe. I priced both out with both NM cable and MC cable, MC cable was cheaper, by $15 for the same amount of footage in wire. I'm not worried about the cost, just overall protection of the wire. I'm using 12/2 w/g. Even for the lights.

sprtskhne33 is offline   Reply With Quote