I'm not an electrician by any means, but I don't believe the wiring in my house is right. I say this because I can't run a vacuum or blow dryer without half the house losing electricity. If I move it to the other side of the house, that side will do the same thing. (By house, I mean a 1980s mobile home.) There are a number of other problems too but this one drives me nuts due to the running back and forth to the outlet box. There are a lot of switches in that box, but the entire house seems to truly only run on two of them. One for the left side of the house, and one on the right.
How can I test the theories I have in the wiring of this house before pulling apart the panels and re-cabling the whole house?