Automatic Switching On/Off The Incoming AC Mains For Inverter - Electrical - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Electrical

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 10-13-2013, 05:15 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Automatic switching On/Off the incoming AC Mains for Inverter

My solar power inverter has an in-built AC battery charger ( 220V, 50Hz) as well. Specs of Inverter are 2000 Watts, 48vDC. I have installed Panels of 1200Watts @ 48VDC

During day-time, some days are such that my power consumption compared to Solar Energy being made is low, and my batteries are charged in full.

But at other days, my power consumption is more than Solar Energy being produced, and it drains the battery bank slowly. In such situation, I manually switch ON the in-built AC Mains battery charger of the inverter, to charge the batteries, till they reach at 52VDC.

Please comment on the following idea / solution for automatic switching On/ Off for the AC battery charger of Inverter :

If I install a Relay switch so that in case the battery bank voltage drops to 48VDC, the switch should connect / pass current to the AC Mains battery charger in the inverter, and once the battery bank voltage reaches 52VDC , it should cut the AC mains. In this way I be able to use Solar for maximum possible time.

Is the above possible or not through use of a Relay Switch ? If yes, what type and specs of a Relay Switch would I be needing ?

Regards.

Omar

Advertisement

digimart is offline   Reply With Quote