Alico Zeepucks Into Eurofase Transformers? - Electrical - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Electrical

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 05-01-2010, 08:26 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Alico Zeepucks into Eurofase transformers?

We have 8 Alico xenon Zeepuks for undercabinet use and three transformers. We need a little help installing as the instructions are a bit less than forthcoming. Help?

Advertisement

Last edited by DuJu; 05-01-2010 at 09:21 PM. Reason: Found the answer and have another query on same topic
DuJu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 12:37 AM   #2
Union Electrician

Rewards Points: 500

I'm not sure what you mean by Euro transformers. 240v to 12v? Whatever the case is, your transformer will have a maximum vA rating on it. That is how many watts it can power. For example, if you have a 100 vA rating on the transformer and your fixtures are 30 watts each, you can power 3 fixtures per transformer.

I'm no good at including wiring diagrams, but basically you would need to wire your transformers like so: Hot ( or switch leg) and neutral to first transformer, splice, to next transformer and to the last. Load side of transformer would go to fixture. I hope this answers your question, as it was a bit vague.

Diagram anyone?

Advertisement

goose134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 03:00 AM   #3

Thanks! We are getting along. Next query is where to put the cord.

We have no valance and won't get one as our white cabinets are now slightly yellowed and there is no matching them.

So we are doing a surface mount and stringing the white cord from the puck straight back to the wall. We have two options at this point.

1. Take the wiring through the drywall, drill holes in the studs and string the wiring through the studs and then poke a hole in the back of one of the cabinets to situate the junction box for easy access

2. Drill holes into the bottom of the cabinetry and then string the wiring up into the cabniet then along the back wall (securing the wiring and connections) through each successive cabinet connecting with the other pucks and end up at the cabinet with the junction box.

In otherwords is it better to have access to the wiring and the connections via the cabinets or to hide them behind the drywall/tiling?

Thanks for advice and help!
Old 05-03-2010, 11:31 PM   #4
Union Electrician

Rewards Points: 500

I'd go with option #1. I'm not actually 100% on whether or not that cable is allowed to be concealed. Pretty sure that if it's low voltage it can be, but I'm hoping someone here will chime in.
goose134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 02:01 AM   #5

Thanks Goose134. I see on the cord is has an F1 rating so it is not in danger of heating up at all due to it's low voltage. We are big on doing things to code, though we can't find anything else on the web that says this cannot be concealed behind drywall. If any others have thoughts great, but I think we'll go with your good advice.

Cheers~

Tags
alico , eurofase , transformers , undercabinet