Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Electrical

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 06-11-2011, 08:19 PM   #1

Share |

after storm, now no power in 2 outlets

last night we had some nasty storms.then i noticed that the tv in the bedroom went out and the outlet on the wall next to that was no longer charging my cell, so those 2 outlets are no longer working. the other 2 outlets in the bedroom are working. i went around (the downstairs of th house) and reset all the GFCI outlets that I know of, and still nothing. What is wrong! HELP!

jcee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 08:49 PM   #2

Jcee,
did you check all the breakers to see if one was tripped?
Mike Hawkins

firehawkmph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 09:10 PM   #3

yes I did, thats the first thing I did! and nothing!
Old 06-11-2011, 09:39 PM   #4

mystery solved! apparantly there is a loose wire in the outlet in the bedroom that controls those 2 outlets that were out. so all i did was jiggle the cord that was plugged into that outlet, and then tv turned on! gonna have to get that loose wire fixed though..but for now everything is all good...
Old 06-11-2011, 09:53 PM   #5
" Euro " electrician

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcee View Post
mystery solved! apparantly there is a loose wire in the outlet in the bedroom that controls those 2 outlets that were out. so all i did was jiggle the cord that was plugged into that outlet, and then tv turned on! gonna have to get that loose wire fixed though..but for now everything is all good...
If I were you I will NOT wait that long with loose connection on the receptale at all., that only take couple minuites to get it tighten up real quick.

Once you know which breaker affect that circuit just kill it then tighten up the loose connection and at the same time check the wirenuts as well if there is in there.

I have ran into few service call when the customer say loose connection some will leave it until moring or next day somehow forgot about it and got that recepectale really hot and almost ready to melt the plastique they have to call me in to fix this real quick due it was a middle of night service call.

So you can see why just do it real quick it will prevent from that receptale catch on fire.

That part it kinda bother me why some peoples like to delay it which I will tell them either fix it now or turn the breaker off for that circuit until it is fixed.

Oh by the way., It cheaper to replace the receptale now than have the house burnt down if you delay the repairs { I have see few damaged items like that }

Merci,
Marc