DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (http://www.diychatroom.com/)
-   Electrical (http://www.diychatroom.com/f18/)
-   -   Adding outlets (http://www.diychatroom.com/f18/adding-outlets-22248/)

4just1don 06-14-2008 10:06 AM

Adding outlets
 
I think my town uses BOCA code,have heard that term in the past. I have a typical old house blues,one outlet per room,,,doesnt work for "ME".

According to code,,how many outlets can you put on a circuit with 12-2 w/ground wire? How about a 14-2 w/g?? And breaker size for both??(NON bath or kitchen spaces)

chris75 06-14-2008 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4just1don (Post 130355)
I think my town uses BOCA code,have heard that term in the past. I have a typical old house blues,one outlet per room,,,doesnt work for "ME".

According to code,,how many outlets can you put on a circuit with 12-2 w/ground wire? How about a 14-2 w/g?? And breaker size for both??(NON bath or kitchen spaces)

You can have as many receptacles as you like on a circuit, I like to limit mine to around 200 hundred though,

14 awg is 15 amp breaker
12 awg is 20 amp breaker

wirenut1110 06-14-2008 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris75 (Post 130357)
I like to limit mine to around 200 hundred though,

:laughing:

darren 06-14-2008 12:29 PM

if you live in canada the max would be 12 outlets per circuit.

chris75 06-14-2008 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darren (Post 130376)
if you live in canada the max would be 12 outlets per circuit.

Same here if its commercial, but thats just a joke for residential.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:39 PM.


Copyright 2003-2014 Escalate Media LP. All Rights Reserved