Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Electrical

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 09-02-2012, 03:58 PM   #1

Share |

Adding a light fixture

My girlfriend has a 16x60 mobile home that she has asked me to move into, and the first thing I noticed is that there was no light at all in the whole living room. I was curious if anyone knew anything about maybe getting a light fixture installed?

bravesfan0958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 04:16 PM   #2

Adding a light fixture

Stick with some form of table lamp, or pole lamp plugged into a wall outlet.
You may even find one that is switched on from a wall switch.
There's no place to run the wires over head, (like though an attic) there's not going to be a good place to even install a fan box since mobile homes are so under built.

joecaption is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 06:15 PM   #3

Adding a light fixture

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravesfan0958 View Post
I was curious if anyone knew anything about maybe getting a light fixture installed?

Yes. I know something about getting a light fixture installed. But your failure to give any more detail other than your girlfriend wants you to move in limits the amount of help that can be given. So until you can provide other relevant information this is done.
hammerlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 10:49 PM   #4
" Euro " electrician

Adding a light fixture

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravesfan0958 View Post
My girlfriend has a 16x60 mobile home that she has asked me to move into, and the first thing I noticed is that there was no light at all in the whole living room. I was curious if anyone knew anything about maybe getting a light fixture installed?
Mobile Home are diffent ball of wax to deal with it due they have few oddball items will show up what they used.

For the ceiling runners they will not use the standard demenison lumbers so more likely use 2X2 for it and the space between the ceiling and roof is very tight you can get new cable in place but NOT that easy without resorting punching few holes along the way.

If you have flat ceiling that may be little easier but if you have catheral ceiling it will get little more trickier but it the same answer as I menton above.

Also the other thing majorty of the mobile home will use the old work box style so when you try to remove the box from the wall there will be a set of screws which they will hold the box simauir to the oldwork box are even the switch itself is kinda oddball as well so expect that.

Merci,
Marc