DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

adding a ac adapter to a unit that accepts 12 volt

2K views 12 replies 3 participants last post by  Missouri Bound 
#1 ·
See less See more
#3 ·
Oh wow! ha ha thanks for pointing that out I should have looked more carefully.

It's for this:
http://www.amazon.com/Pyle-PLHRQD9B...73767&sr=8-3&keywords=pyle+quad+split+monitor

The leads are meant for a car, but I want to connect it to a wall instead. Ideally I would like it to have an internal battery but that seems some what complicated. So I could settle with it being tethered to a wall. Any ideas on how I could do this?

Oh also there is a plug that connects to the wall for the monitor, however in order to connect the monitor to wall you have to unplug all of the video inputs which is no bueno for me.

#5 ·
Yeah I know that would be the simplest way but I have to show it to a bunch of people and teach them how to use it and there not gunna want to hook up the battery and etc. plus it would nice not to lug around a big old battery around with us. I'm using this monitor to do some field shooting at my film school.

would something like this work?:http://www.ebay.com/itm/400313191018?_trksid=p5197.c0.m619

#7 ·
It looks like a low current application.

I don't suppose you know how much juice it uses? If not, what is the size of the fuse?

If it's low current and your not going to be using it for hours at a time...use some D size batteries. Just put 8 of them in series and you will be good to go.

#8 ·
Ok and i'm assuming I should just take off the end of that red wire and attach the positive to the positive and the negativity to the negative and then add some heat shrinks to secure it. Is there any way I could get like a plastic clamp or something to run both wires into so it looks a little more professional? I want to use this for client work as well so it would be nice to have something that looked nice an pretty! ha ha

It says it uses 6w MAX, and if I did add the batteries is there a way I could secure it on the back of the monitor some how without it looking too sketchy?

here is what the back of it looks like

And here is the plug that it leads too

Currently in order to attach the monitor to the power supply I need to attach a reciprocating 8 pin cord that leads to those black and red wires and 4 female compost ends.

Here is a close up of the connection of the monitor and wire

I'm trying my best not to open the monitor up because I'm going to need to teach a bunch of people how to do this who have never worked with electrical appliances.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.