6" Halo Remodel Construction Recessed Housing Bulb Safety Question - Electrical - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Electrical

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 04-02-2013, 07:50 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10
Question

6" Halo remodel construction recessed housing bulb safety question

I installed a 6" IC AT Halo H7RICAT remodel construction recessed housing with a ERT707 trim ring. I have a question about the safety of using a PAR38 bulb instead of a PAR30 bulb. The label inside the can lists many different bulbs. As best I can understand this label inside the can, it shows "BR30 65 W, PAR30 50 W, PAR30L 75 W Incandescent Lamp" for the trim ring. A different trim ring shows different bulbs but I want to know please if I can SAFELY use a PAR38 GE Energy Saving 45W halogen flood lamp in this can with this trim ring. This lamp seems to put out a lot of heat. Thanks much!

Advertisement

yrralrellim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 08:14 AM   #2

It appears that no one dares to answer this question of safety so let me ask this a different way ......... is the can label only a recommended list of bulbs for different trim rings or is the can label an absolute list of bulbs that I can use. Seems to me the bulbs that I can use depends on the can and not on the trim ring. Is this correct?

Advertisement

Old 04-02-2013, 09:18 AM   #3
Electrical Contractor

Rewards Points: 2,320

It' not that no one can or will answer the question, but this is a free site, and people do not sit here waiting for questions.

To answer the question, things must be used according to the manufacturer listing, so you can not use that lamp with that trim.
Old 04-02-2013, 02:38 PM   #4
Electrical Contractor

Rewards Points: 502

use this TRIM ...

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION

The 410W is a white coilex baffle. The 410W does an excellent job minimizing glare and reducing brightness. This trim is most often used for general down lighting, but can also be used to wall wash or accent objects hanging on a wall.

• White coilex baffle with a white trim ring
  • Does a great job to reduce brightness
  • This trim is most often used for general down lighting, but can also be used to wall wash or accent objects hanging on a wall
  • Use with HALO Housing Model H7T to achieve maximum wattage of up to 150 watt PAR38 lamp
  • MFG Model # : 410W
  • MFG Part # : 410W
Philly Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 03:09 PM   #5

Rewards Points: 1,492

Quote:
Use with HALO Housing Model H7T to achieve maximum wattage of up to 150 watt PAR38 lamp
He isn't using an H7T (not air tight and not IC rated). He has a H7RICAT. The 410W is not listed on the HALO spec sheet for the H7RICAT.

For the OP, why don't you use the PAR30 version of the GE Energy Saving Lamp ? Or call Cooper/Halo for a trim and bulb recommendation.
Oso954 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 04:34 PM   #6

Smile

Many thanks! I was trying to get maximum lumens output with the least up-front expense. I ended up using the ERT707 which came with the can and then bought a GE 75W 1100 lumen PAR38.

Advertisement