Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Electrical

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 11-28-2012, 04:40 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 0
Share |

220 wall heater wiring to a timed or spring switch

I added a bathroom to the garage because I am usually too dirty to use the house - so I am told. Anyway, pulled all permits etc so will be inspected. The heater will be wired as 220 (tho has option for 115), and has a thermostat control switch but I also like to have a timed switch or spring switch as well so it won't kick back on later as it could with a thermostat only control. Can I just wire one hot lead of the 220 to the switch while passing the white and red on thru to the heater. I assume this will work for a timed shut off as can use a spring loaded switch or one with 5-10-15-30 minute options. Thanks for any help you can provide.

zacman44 is offline   Reply With Quote