DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (
-   Electrical (
-   -   200 amp service (

Shawn Foust 05-22-2006 04:51 AM

200 amp service
I currently own a trailer house that has a 100 amp service. I am going to be getting a manufactured house that has a 200 amp service. My question is I have a 200 amp service ran into a box under my meter which has 2 circuits in it right now. One circuit is 100 amp for the trailer and one is a 30 amp for a well. Is it going to be all right to change the 100 amp circuit to 200 and still leave the 30 amp circuit in the box?

IvoryRing 05-22-2006 08:32 AM

Shawn... service changes can be very dangerous, so I hope you aren't considering doing this yourself. I'm rewiring my house, including a new main panel, but the service upgrade (which will be done after the branch circuits are done) will be done by an electrician.

As for 'design choice', I would have the well pump run off a circuit breaker in the main panel. Down the line, you may decide to have a generator, either whole house or selected circuits. At that point you'll be in a much more flexible position for placing your well circuit if it's on one of the breakers in your new panel.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:50 AM.

vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1