Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Electrical

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 03-30-2011, 08:56 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

2' fluorescent change from hard wire to plug in

I have a 2' long fluorescent fixture that is set up for hard wiring. I need to change it to a plug in. I have opened it & found that there is green ground wire - the guy at the store HD sold me a 2 wire lamp cord. - what do I do with the ground wire? Do I need to get a different lamp cord. The fixture is to be used as a "grow light" & is an Accupro T5. any help would be much appreciated.

pannyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 09:37 PM   #2
I=E/R

Rewards Points: 1,000

2' fluorescent change from hard wire to plug in

Quote:
Originally Posted by pannyk View Post
I have a 2' long fluorescent fixture that is set up for hard wiring. I need to change it to a plug in. I have opened it & found that there is green ground wire - the guy at the store HD sold me a 2 wire lamp cord. - what do I do with the ground wire? Do I need to get a different lamp cord. The fixture is to be used as a "grow light" & is an Accupro T5. any help would be much appreciated.
Aren't those guys just so helpful You will need a three prong plug and cord. You will also need something to protect the wire where is will leave the fixture. Plastic strain reliefs are available but you will have to find something that is compatible with the hole in the fixture.

a7ecorsair is offline   Reply With Quote