12v Thermostat Control Unit Wiring - Electrical - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Electrical

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 07-15-2012, 08:07 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

12v thermostat control unit wiring

can someone tell me how the wires go. i have two wires from a 12v plug (old cell phone charger), and two wires from a 12v fan. i just want the fan to turn on when it gets to hot in child playhouse. using it to let the hot air from ceiling out. The thermostat control has 5 connecting pins you can solder wires to. they say 12v positive,12v negative,nc,com & no. just need to know how to hook up the wires from the plug and fan I have to this. here is the link - http://www.futurekit.com/2009/index....=1249&Itemid=5 . if you click on the picture it gets larger so you can see the pins were wires can be soldered. pin are all on one side in a line. . if you click on the picture it gets larger so you can see the pins were wires can be soldered. pin are all on one side in a line.

Advertisement

aftermath431 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 09:24 AM   #2
zpm
yeah, right

Rewards Points: 75

Did you RTFM?

http://www.futurekit.com/2009/MANUAL...9/fk934e-2.pdf

substitute "AC IN" with your power supply
substitute "AC OUT" with the fan

The "cell phone charger" might not put out enough milliamps to power both the board and the fan.

Advertisement

Old 07-15-2012, 09:46 AM   #3

Rewards Points: 2,000

Switching a DC inductive load (fan) will be harder on the relay contacts than switching an AC inductive load. Depending on the relay contact ratings you may want to put an arc suppression network across the contacts.
Yoyizit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 10:44 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by zpm View Post
Did you RTFM?

http://www.futurekit.com/2009/MANUAL...9/fk934e-2.pdf

substitute "AC IN" with your power supply
substitute "AC OUT" with the fan

The "cell phone charger" might not put out enough milliamps to power both the board and the fan.
Hi, It came with a manual if you want to call it that, but its in another language . And only really doesn't tell you anything. at least that i can understand. I know it works because i connected both fan and power cord to the top two pins that say 12v positive and negative and it turned on. but controls don't work. just stays on. you said ac in with power supply. so the + to the power supply goes there. where does the black wire go the neutrals are negative go?
sorry i'm not good with this stuff.
Old 07-15-2012, 06:02 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by aftermath431 View Post
Hi, It came with a manual if you want to call it that, but its in another language . And only really doesn't tell you anything. at least that i can understand. I know it works because i connected both fan and power cord to the top two pins that say 12v positive and negative and it turned on. but controls don't work. just stays on. you said ac in with power supply. so the + to the power supply goes there. where does the black wire go the neutrals are negative go?
sorry i'm not good with this stuff.
can anyone tell me were the two neutrals go.