Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-16-2009, 04:05 PM   #61
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: NC
Posts: 146
Share |
Default

Are You A Tea Bagger?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuba_Dave View Post
Riiiiiight
Sadman was our friend , our buddy

He wasn't helping out terrorists

Duh....Repeat...Duh
Saddam Hussein had nothing to do with 9/11. How many times do I need to repeat this. The Iraq war was not neccessary. He was contained by the no fly zones. How was Iraq an immediate threat to U.S. national security as Bush proclaimed?

So, "Duh....Repeat...Duh", right back at ya.

mjbxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 04:19 PM   #62
RDS
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Northern New Jersey
Posts: 226
Default

Are You A Tea Bagger?


Quote:
Originally Posted by gma2rjc View Post
I think he was commenting on the Constitution as a whole and suggesting that this country needs to adopt his socialist views.
I admit I didn't see the clip, but that wouldn't make sense. The Constitution doesn't prohibit socialism. It doesn't advocate capitalism. It's utterly neutral on the issue of economic arrangements. It was written by a bunch of farmers. Changing the Constitution wouldn't be necessary if your goal was to introduce socialism. The guy was a constitutional scholar. He knows this.

Anyway socialism isn't his goal. How quickly we forget that he was the most conservative of the three major Democratic candidates who sought the nomination. Advocates of universal health care, to a man, said Obama's health care plan was more timid than Clinton's and Edwards'. Ditto his plans on carbon emissions.

The man's not a socialist. A socialist would have nationalized the banks by now. Instead he's bending over backwards to avoid that step, even as people to his left in the party are slamming him over it. As far as I'm concerned the man's taking his advice from other men who are in the pocket of Wall Street. He's throwing them free money without giving the government anywhere near the control it should have given its financial stake.

Oh, and don't forget, he's cut taxes for everyone under $250,000 in income. For everyone else, they've gone back to the level they were at in the 1990s, exactly where they would have gone if the tax cuts George W. Bush signed into law had expired as they were scheduled to. If that's socialism, sign me up. The U.S. still has among the very lowest tax rates -- on all tax brackets -- in the Western world. Obama had the biggest Congressional majority he's likely to have in his entire term in office, and he didn't push for any higher taxes than that.

Quote:
You didn't hear about it because the liberal media only tells one side of any story.
Oh come on, you didn't hear about it on Fox either, because it didn't happen. You certainly didn't have Fox News cheerleading and promoting tea parties against Bush, the man who destroyed the surplus and created record deficits in a time of prosperity.

Quote:
They have never admitted as much as one of his mistakes.
I agree, TV news sucks, but not because it's liberal biased -- because it's shallow, superficial, and caters to ignorance. Since the election the only TV news I watch is (occasionally) Olbermann and Maddow, and they have been critical of Obama about many things -- the bank bailouts, FISA/wiretapping, torture/Gitmo, defense spending, etc.

Quote:
The people at the tea parties were a mix of Republicans, Democrats and Independents.
Nowhere near an even mix, though. They skewed heavily toward Republicans.

Quote:
I'm not sure what you mean about the signs.
Those are TV shows about black characters. Something else your mainstream media didn't show you about the tea parties: the amount of racism on display on signs. I don't think that was the primary motivation of most of the protesters, but it was certainly there, totally ignored by the press.
RDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 04:23 PM   #63
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: NC
Posts: 146
Default

Are You A Tea Bagger?


Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsmith View Post
I'm going to post this again because it seems a lot of this argument is discussed in the write-up I posted on page 2:

http://narcosphere.narconews.com/the...rganizers-lens
Any Dems on this site attend a Tea Bag party? I suppose its possible but I believe the overwhelming amount of people who atteded and threw their tea bags were Republicans, Libertarians and of course FOX News leading the charge. Now that is what I call fair and balanced. The Republican party is lead by Rush Limbaugh, a leader you can look up to.
mjbxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 04:47 PM   #64
My License Ain't 4 Sale..
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Atlanta, Ga/Hamilton, Al
Posts: 1,813
Default

Are You A Tea Bagger?


Quote:
Originally Posted by mjbxx View Post
I would consider the unwarranted Iraq war with all its subsequent spending and Bush tax cuts as running parallel and pretty much blowing your argument up in smoke. Let us not forget that Bush inherited a budget surplus and squandered it. I say give Obama a chance before throwing tea bags at him.
Hey man, I'm all for it. You apparently mistook statement. I said "traditionally". The "republicans" of the Bush white house, are not really republicans. Certainly not the Reagan-style Republicans. This is another argument altogether, but I believe that the Bushies set out, from the get-go, to bankrupt us, and destroy America. His term was the culmination of a long running plot to bring us down from the inside out. McCarthy was right. They have been lurking in the shadows waiting for an opportunity, and they got it in 2000.

I know that sounds a little on the conspiracy side, but dammit, that's what it is. We talk now about the "mistakes" that Bush and his team made. They weren't mistakes. They hit their mark. Project for the New American Century, and what not. Whoever's behind it started with the Nixon administration, but that went south. Reagan had too much fortitude to allow it to happen during his term. Bush Sr. had all the right guys in place, but somehow it didn't succeed, maybe he had too much of a concience to let it go through. But in Bush Jr., they found their guy.

I pray that Obama is not like the Dems in congress, and that he can actually do something to help pull us out of this damned Bush catastrophy. But to blame all republicans isn't fair. Alot of them allowed it to happen, toeing the party line, but not all wanted it to happen.
InPhase277 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 04:53 PM   #65
My License Ain't 4 Sale..
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Atlanta, Ga/Hamilton, Al
Posts: 1,813
Default

Are You A Tea Bagger?


Quote:
Originally Posted by RDS View Post

Those are TV shows about black characters. Something else your mainstream media didn't show you about the tea parties: the amount of racism on display on signs. I don't think that was the primary motivation of most of the protesters, but it was certainly there, totally ignored by the press.
And why shouldn't it have been ignored? Why give those ass-hats any coverage? The point of the rallies wasn't to promote racism.
InPhase277 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 05:15 PM   #66
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: South of Boston, MA
Posts: 17,248
Default

Are You A Tea Bagger?


Quote:
Originally Posted by mjbxx View Post
Saddam Hussein had nothing to do with 9/11
Of course not, no bad intentions against the US

He was a good guy
Scuba_Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 06:04 PM   #67
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 719
Default

Are You A Tea Bagger?


Quote:
Originally Posted by mjbxx View Post
Saddam Hussein had nothing to do with 9/11. How many times do I need to repeat this. The Iraq war was not neccessary. He was contained by the no fly zones. How was Iraq an immediate threat to U.S. national security as Bush proclaimed?

So, "Duh....Repeat...Duh", right back at ya.
Daddy I'll get Saddam for you.
OK Georgie thank you I wish I would have got him the first time Georgie.
That's ok Daddy I'll take him out even though he didn't do it.
SULTINI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 06:08 PM   #68
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: West Michigan
Posts: 4,110
Default

Are You A Tea Bagger?


Quote:
Those are TV shows about black characters. Something else your mainstream media didn't show you about the tea parties: the amount of racism on display on signs. I don't think that was the primary motivation of most of the protesters, but it was certainly there, totally ignored by the press.
EVERY issue for the liberals leads back to racism!

The truth is, CNN or MSNBC made up the stupid signs and sent a couple idiots into the crowd to hold them up for the camera. That's obvious. Because when they have nothing else to use, they revert back to the race issue.
gma2rjc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 06:44 PM   #69
Member
 
hvaclover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Suburbs of Detroit Mi
Posts: 3,704
Default

Are You A Tea Bagger?


Quote:
Originally Posted by SULTINI View Post
Daddy I'll get Saddam for you.
OK Georgie thank you I wish I would have got him the first time Georgie.
That's ok Daddy I'll take him out even though he didn't do it.
Oooooiiiiiiiiiiiiii...prune juice..yyyeeccchhhh!



THE MEDS JUST DON'T HELP ANY MORE...AAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

__________________
Just slow, not stupid.

Last edited by hvaclover; 04-16-2009 at 07:05 PM.
hvaclover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 09:10 PM   #70
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: NC
Posts: 146
Default

Are You A Tea Bagger?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuba_Dave View Post
Of course not, no bad intentions against the US

He was a good guy
Bad intentions did not translate into Iraqi participation of 9/11. You could make the same arguement against Iran as well. Shall we just manufacture another war with Iran because they have bad inentions? Unbelievable!!! I am sure the right wing nuts will have a tea party in a city near you. You could join the propoganda machine. And I assure you that wherever the party is, FOX News will be there leading the charge. Have fun. Say hi to Oreilly, Hannity, Beck and Van Susterin. What a news team. The National Enquirer redux.
mjbxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 09:16 PM   #71
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: NC
Posts: 146
Default

Are You A Tea Bagger?


Quote:
Originally Posted by gma2rjc View Post
EVERY issue for the liberals leads back to racism!

The truth is, CNN or MSNBC made up the stupid signs and sent a couple idiots into the crowd to hold them up for the camera. That's obvious. Because when they have nothing else to use, they revert back to the race issue.
You did not see the same type of signs on the beloved FOX News coverage? Funny how Republicans can invent a lie and expect all to believe it. Thank God the American people have become wise to the fallacy that is the Republican party. Tea Bags anyone?
mjbxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 09:26 PM   #72
My License Ain't 4 Sale..
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Atlanta, Ga/Hamilton, Al
Posts: 1,813
Default

Are You A Tea Bagger?


Quote:
Originally Posted by mjbxx View Post
Bad intentions did not translate into Iraqi participation of 9/11. You could make the same arguement against Iran as well. Shall we just manufacture another war with Iran because they have bad inentions? Unbelievable!!! I am sure the right wing nuts will have a tea party in a city near you. You could join the propoganda machine. And I assure you that wherever the party is, FOX News will be there leading the charge. Have fun. Say hi to Oreilly, Hannity, Beck and Van Susterin. What a news team. The National Enquirer redux.
That's not really fair to us right-wingers. You see, being to the right of center doesn't automatically mean you must support Rush and Bush. I consider myself on the right, in that I'm pro-capitalism, pro-gun, and pro-America. At the same time, I believe that George W. Bush has practically destroyed this country, and Rush Limbaugh is a loud mouth idiot that pats himself on the back more than he actually says anything worth listening to. And the Iraq war is a huge clusterf*ck. Glenn Beck, on the other hand is quite a balanced guy, unlike Hannity or Rush.

I guess I'm more Libertarian... leave me alone and I'll leave you alone kind of thing.
InPhase277 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 09:39 PM   #73
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: NC
Posts: 146
Default

Are You A Tea Bagger?


Quote:
Originally Posted by InPhase277 View Post
That's not really fair to us right-wingers. You see, being to the right of center doesn't automatically mean you must support Rush and Bush. I consider myself on the right, in that I'm pro-capitalism, pro-gun, and pro-America. At the same time, I believe that George W. Bush has practically destroyed this country, and Rush Limbaugh is a loud mouth idiot that pats himself on the back more than he actually says anything worth listening to. And the Iraq war is a huge clusterf*ck. Glenn Beck, on the other hand is quite a balanced guy, unlike Hannity or Rush.

I guess I'm more Libertarian... leave me alone and I'll leave you alone kind of thing.
I appreciate your candor regarding Bush. Beck is whacked but definitely not as bad as that racist Hannity.
mjbxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 10:12 PM   #74
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: South of Boston, MA
Posts: 17,248
Default

Are You A Tea Bagger?


Quote:
Originally Posted by mjbxx View Post
Bad intentions did not translate into Iraqi participation of 9/11
Of course not....sure......Sadman was a good guy
Scuba_Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 10:31 PM   #75
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: NC
Posts: 146
Default

Are You A Tea Bagger?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuba_Dave View Post
Of course not....sure......Sadman was a good guy
Tea bags for you!!!

mjbxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Top of Page | View New Posts

Copyright © 2003-2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.