Woodstove Fire Brick - HVAC - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 10-21-2012, 12:51 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 2,212

Woodstove Fire Brick

I was given an old Timberline woodstove. It is now installed in my log house. But the people who gave it to me removed most of the fire brick to lighten it and make it easier to move. This thing is HEAVY. I have all of the brick, but am not sure how to put it back. Is there any particular pattern? Do I do the back of the stove and then the sides? Does it matter as long as there's no gaps? The brick on the floor of the stove is still there (too hard to get out, I guess).

Advertisement

md2lgyk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 09:01 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 172

Woodstove Fire Brick

is this a top loader by chance? one large center opening about 12" dia. and 2 air inlets about 2" in dia. the air inlets have slide covers.

if so the entire lower half and bottom is covered w fir brick. the top is just steel. at least that is what i remember from 30 yrs ago. great stove, wish i still had it.

bernie

Advertisement

bernie963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 06:01 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 2,212

Woodstove Fire Brick

Thanks for the reply. But it's not a top loader. Has no air inlets either. Just a big steel box that loads through double doors in the front.
md2lgyk is online now   Reply With Quote