Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 01-10-2006, 01:22 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 0
Share |

Wiring for Noma thermostat model THM303M

Is there anyone who can advise me how to wire a Noma model thm303m thermostat beyond the normal "G" "Y" "W" format? I currently have a General Electric Weathertron (runnuing a gas furnace with central air) with a total of 7 wires, but of course the connection "labels" between the two thermostats do not match up.
If you can help, I will send you the details of the corresponding connection "labels" and wiring identification for the two thermostats as I am anxious to start using the new thermostat.
Regards,
larry
January 27/06
I have solved my wiring problem re: the above request.

Last edited by larry s.; 01-27-2006 at 09:38 AM.
larry s. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 02:53 AM   #2

Larry is the weathertron a heat pump?

oddjob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 01:34 PM   #3

The Weathertron is the thermostat made by General Electric that was initially installed to run a Weathertron Heat Pump. The heat pump has long since been replaced by a Keeprite central air conditioner. The weathertron thermostat has been successfully running the furnace and air condtioner for several years. I have purchased the Noma thermostat as an upgrade in order to be able to utilize the set back feature.
If you can help I can forward the details of how the seven wires of the Weathertron thermostat are presenty connected and the identification of the terminals on the Noma via e-mail.
Thanks,
larry
Old 01-26-2006, 08:08 AM   #4
old salt

My G.E. Weathertron has worked well these many years, Installed, March, 1981. However, the motor control relay for the heat pump sticks. I cannot locate a parts list for the unit: BWB924 (2 ton). I would like to replace the relay before filling the contacts, again. It is a simple 26 volt relay I believe and should be easily located? At least once a part # can be found without opening up the unit in this cold weather.

Any help folks?
fredw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 09:33 AM   #5

Fred,
The relay you are referring to is on the heat pump unit - not on your furnace (if you in fact have a furnace) - is that correct?
I still have access to my old unit, so if the model # and part # matches I may be able to help.
larry
Old 01-27-2006, 01:08 PM   #6

Sorry to interject but I have GE forced air electric heat furnace that is controlled by the GE WeatherTron thermostat.

The heat pump was replaced by a conventional central air unit 10 years ago. So, during the winter months the furnace has to run on "emergency heat" (when turned on a small blue light comes on) activating the coils in the furnace...or the central air unit outside will turn on.

Now, my question is what programmable thermostat can I replace the WeatherTron device so I can still run it on "emergency heat" during winter?

No one seems to have a clue. Any info is very much appreciated.
Thank you.
jmtmh80@mchsi.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 12:33 PM   #7
old salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry s.
Fred,
The relay you are referring to is on the heat pump unit - not on your furnace (if you in fact have a furnace) - is that correct?
I still have access to my old unit, so if the model # and part # matches I may be able to help.
larry
sorrrylarry for the delay, but yes the relay is on the top corner the first corner counter clockwize from the input wiring connections

fredw is offline   Reply With Quote