Will This Shower/bath Exhaust Fan Work? - HVAC - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 01-09-2011, 09:20 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Will this Shower/bath exhaust fan work?

I have a bathroom(10ft x 11ft x 8ft height) I am looking at the Panasonic FV-08VKML2. It has a motion sensor that cycles the fan at 80 cfm for up to an hour. This is in addition to the continuous flow cycle. I know by standard calculations I need a 110 cfm fan for this square feet. I have a toilet(non-enclosed), a shower, and a jetted-tub( used extremely rarely- couple of times a year). By traditional calculations, one might propose needing a 200 cfm unit.
Is it possibly conceivable that a Panasonic FV-08VKML2 with 80 cfm during active use of shower or toilet and 60 minutes thereafter, and then running a constant 20 cfm, would be large enough. (remember I really dont use the jetted-tub). If this unit is unacceptable, what are my options.( I definitely want something that will automatically turn on and run for a programable time thereafter.)( A fan that is triggered on by a humidistat will not cover ventilation when using toilet only, that is why I like the Panasonic FV-08VKML2).

Advertisement

gasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 05:44 AM   #2
An old Tradesmen

Rewards Points: 6,396

I thin code requires 25 CFM constant if the fan doesn't meet min during use.

You could get a motion detector switch and install it in the wall. And set it for what ever amount of time you want/need.

Advertisement

beenthere is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 11:50 AM   #3

Rewards Points: 10

The Panasonic model I mentioned has a motion sensor detector to give a cycle of 80 cfm for up to 60 minute in addition to the constant airflow of 20-70 cfm. The motion sensor would be position such that it would be triggered whenever anyone uses the toilet or shower. Which 'code' are you referring to?
gasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 06:31 PM   #4
An old Tradesmen

Rewards Points: 6,396

IMC.

International Mechanical Code.
beenthere is online now   Reply With Quote