Whole House Fans Anyone? - HVAC - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 10-12-2012, 02:11 PM   #1
Learning to Build Green

Rewards Points: 10

Whole House Fans anyone?

Hi everyone, thanks for letting me be a part of the community. I'm sure I am a total beginner compared to some of the pro's on this forum, but hopefully I'll learn and be able to contribute something of quality...in the meantime I was wondering....

Can anyone shed some light on what to expect with House Fan systems as far as energy savings? This summer (we live in inland southern ca) we stayed comfy with our central a/c...but Edison hit us pretty hard. If I remember right on some day's usage peaked at almost 5kw/hr.

I'm looking into doing some LED retrofit, maybe replacing some older inefficient appliances, and I came across some whole house fan systems that looked really promising.

Anyone out there have success saving energy with them? I'm concerned about depressurization issues that i've read about. Any advice is much appreciated.
Thanks all.

Advertisement

GreenHomeLife is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
home ventilation , whole house fan