Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 08-24-2011, 03:45 PM   #1

Share |
Exclamation

Where to get it

Does anyone have a website that you can purchase the flexible metal ducting from? There was a shop close to me ( ezlink) that manufactured some good quality insulated metal ducting THEY ARE OUT OF BUSINESS!!! Now I cannot seem to find a good quality metal flexible insulated product from 4" to 12"......

nzvlnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 06:47 PM   #2
I'm Your Huckleberry

Where to get it

Never heard of metal flex but here's flex.

http://www.quietflex.com/

Doc Holliday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 09:20 AM   #3

Where to get it

Look at home depot, lowes...they have metal flex tubing, it is not insulated......The ezlink stuff was great. My friend ran new ducting in the lower level of his house 2 years ago.Now I was going to do it and they are out of business.......Its either flex or metal ducting...
Old 08-25-2011, 09:32 AM   #4
fabrk8r

Where to get it

We used to install insulated aluminum flex duct. It's all we used for years. It's a lot more expensive than plastic wiremold flex and it causes a lot of air turbulance, but it's really tough stuff and very durable.

We don't use it anymore because all the specs call for wiremold flex now. When we did buy it it was from a company out of TX. It came in 8' lengths and had fiberglass insulation wrapped with a black plastic sleeve. I believe it had an R-4.5 R-value.
Old 08-25-2011, 10:21 AM   #5

Where to get it

Great, any idea where to be able to get the stuff now? I cannot find it anywhere?
2nd choice is to go with metal ducting, but where do I get the insulated stuff? Do they make that? CAUSE BUYING THE RIGID PIPE AND ASSEMBLING , SEALING THEN INSULATTING IT....wow big job..
Old 08-25-2011, 10:53 AM   #6
fabrk8r

Where to get it

McMaster -Carr sells aluminum flex duct w/no insulation.

We buy fiberglass duct sleeve from our supplier when we need to insulate hard pipe.

Check to see if you have any insulating contractors in your area. They may be able to find what you need. Check local commercial sheet metal shops too.