Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-13-2010, 09:25 PM   #16
Seasoned DIYer
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 187
Rewards Points: 150
Default

Where can I get OEM RHEEM parts?


Quote:
Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
When we say contractor. We are referring to an HVAC contractor/HVAC contractors license..
Here, plumbers, electricians and locksmith require a specific license in addition to contractor's license, but not HVAC.

Could they even mean "factory training certified" before techs can buy parts for that brand?

HVAC_NW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 09:33 PM   #17
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 27
Rewards Points: 25
Default

Where can I get OEM RHEEM parts?


Start here:

http://www.myhvacparts.com/

OR here

http://www.expertappliance.com/rheem-ac.html
OldSingy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 09:38 PM   #18
HVAC / Plumbing
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,801
Rewards Points: 1,000
Default

Where can I get OEM RHEEM parts?


Quote:
Originally Posted by HVAC_NW View Post
Here, plumbers, electricians and locksmith require a specific license in addition to contractor's license, but not HVAC.

Could they even mean "factory training certified" before techs can buy parts for that brand?


Not in my area... Have to take an State HVAC contractors license test to be HVAC certified, State plumbers test to be plumbing certified,, State electrical test to be certified electrician.. State gas fitters test to be gas certified, state propane test to be propane certified.
kenmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 04:35 AM   #19
An old Tradesmen
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: PA
Posts: 26,079
Rewards Points: 3,818
Default

Where can I get OEM RHEEM parts?


Just pay a dang fee here.

Until last year, we didn't have a license.

OP: You need to ask your local agency what is required. It varies by state, and even county or city in some areas.
beenthere is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 08:12 AM   #20
HVAC / Plumbing
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,801
Rewards Points: 1,000
Default

Where can I get OEM RHEEM parts?


Quote:
Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
Just pay a dang fee here.

Until last year, we didn't have a license.
.

So, anyone can just pay a fee & have HVAC license/ card ??



Wish it were like that here.. we have to send state proof of bond after we pass the state exam b-4 they will send the card..The study books for the exam are around $800 +. Also, new law this year. can't do refrigeration work with an HVAC card must have refrigeration card & pay xtra. b-4 you can take the exam ( hvac, refrigeration, plumbing, gas, electrical) you must prove that you have xxx hrs of apprenticeship or xxx hrs of approved trade school
kenmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 09:46 AM   #21
Seasoned DIYer
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 187
Rewards Points: 150
Default

Where can I get OEM RHEEM parts?


Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSingy View Post
They're not OEM. Those places are such a rip off as well. They're taking advantage of consumers limited access to HVACR parts and ripping you off. The generic draft inducer motor I bought, that I paid $65 shipped for elsewhere, they're charging $165 + shipping and you'll still be out of heat for a week. Everything they have at the first website is a horrible rip off to the point where I might as well make a service call when you consider the fact you can have it fixed that day instead of being out of heat for a week.


Anyway back to the topic....
I know what I'm doing for the most part and consider myself electrically/mechanically inclined, can diagnose problems quite well. You'd also be surprised how bad some HVAC techs and auto mechanics are when it comes to diagnostics involving electronic controls.

I just need access to local distributors to get parts at contractors' price.

Inducer motor out.... order placed online, one week lead time/one week no heat, $65...
Ignition module out another time, ordered online, $85 later, and one week of no heat, fixed...

Now, if I CALLED a tech, I'm sure I'd be paying a service fee + minimum 1 hr + diagnostic to pad hours + parts markup

Last edited by HVAC_NW; 09-14-2010 at 09:57 AM.
HVAC_NW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 03:15 PM   #22
An old Tradesmen
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: PA
Posts: 26,079
Rewards Points: 3,818
Default

Where can I get OEM RHEEM parts?


Quote:
Originally Posted by kenmac View Post
So, anyone can just pay a fee & have HVAC license/ card ??



Wish it were like that here.. we have to send state proof of bond after we pass the state exam b-4 they will send the card..The study books for the exam are around $800 +. Also, new law this year. can't do refrigeration work with an HVAC card must have refrigeration card & pay xtra. b-4 you can take the exam ( hvac, refrigeration, plumbing, gas, electrical) you must prove that you have xxx hrs of apprenticeship or xxx hrs of approved trade school
Need to have insurances also.
beenthere is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 03:25 PM   #23
An old Tradesmen
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: PA
Posts: 26,079
Rewards Points: 3,818
Default

Where can I get OEM RHEEM parts?


Quote:
Originally Posted by HVAC_NW View Post

Now, if I CALLED a tech, I'm sure I'd be paying a service fee + minimum 1 hr + diagnostic to pad hours + parts markup
Depends on the company.

Its not padding hours. Its the way some companies have to charge to make money. Techs want to be paid for 40 hours. How ever. Its hard to bill for 40 hours, in a forty hour week. Since drive time eats up a lot of the time. And while a tech is driving. He isn't putting on a part. And the van/truck is using gas.

3 grand a month for gas for 8 service trunks is not unusual(cheap in some areas).

Guess you don't pay Dominos, or pizza hut 5 bucks for one of their pizza's that cost them 25 cent sot make.

Do you buy bottled water. At 2 bucks for a quart. that cost them 9 cents to purify, flavor, and bottle(Coke and Pepsi both make a fortune off of the tap water they use)?

Believe me. Most of us wish we could charge customers by time and tenth of a mile like a taxi does.
beenthere is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 08:16 PM   #24
Seasoned DIYer
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 187
Rewards Points: 150
Default

Where can I get OEM RHEEM parts?


Quote:
Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
Depends on the company.

Its not padding hours. Its the way some companies have to charge to make money. Techs want to be paid for 40 hours. How ever. Its hard to bill for 40 hours, in a forty hour week. Since drive time eats up a lot of the time. And while a tech is driving. He isn't putting on a part. And the van/truck is using gas.

3 grand a month for gas for 8 service trunks is not unusual(cheap in some areas).

Guess you don't pay Dominos, or pizza hut 5 bucks for one of their pizza's that cost them 25 cent sot make.

Do you buy bottled water. At 2 bucks for a quart. that cost them 9 cents to purify, flavor, and bottle(Coke and Pepsi both make a fortune off of the tap water they use)?

Believe me. Most of us wish we could charge customers by time and tenth of a mile like a taxi does.
Which's why I asked if Ruud listed installed dealer can work on Rheem too. Rheem one is like 20 miles, Ruud one is 2 miles a way, so this really cuts down on driving time they can charge.
HVAC_NW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 08:19 PM   #25
An old Tradesmen
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: PA
Posts: 26,079
Rewards Points: 3,818
Default

Where can I get OEM RHEEM parts?


They could charge more for driving less. Only way to find out is to call.

Speculation won't tell you.
beenthere is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 08:25 PM   #26
HVAC / Plumbing
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,801
Rewards Points: 1,000
Default

Where can I get OEM RHEEM parts?


Quote:
Originally Posted by HVAC_NW View Post
Which's why I asked if Ruud listed installed dealer can work on Rheem too. Rheem one is like 20 miles, Ruud one is 2 miles a way, so this really cuts down on driving time they can charge.


I don't know about your area. I can get warranty parts for any brand that's under factory warranty
kenmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 02:02 PM   #27
Seasoned DIYer
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 187
Rewards Points: 150
Default

Where can I get OEM RHEEM parts?


Quote:
Originally Posted by kenmac View Post
I don't know about your area. I can get warranty parts for any brand that's under factory warranty
Are you a DIYer?
HVAC_NW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 06:00 PM   #28
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 2,362
Rewards Points: 1,000
Default

Where can I get OEM RHEEM parts?


The point is a licensed HVAC contractor can get parts for any brand. If they install that brand or not doesn't matter. Parts warehouses do not deal with home owners, at least not around here.
Marty S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 06:32 PM   #29
HVAC / Plumbing
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,801
Rewards Points: 1,000
Default

Where can I get OEM RHEEM parts?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty S. View Post
The point is a licensed HVAC contractor can get parts for any brand. If they install that brand or not doesn't matter. Parts warehouses do not deal with home owners, at least not around here.

Marty,
I don't know If he gets it or not.. Most supply houses around me won't deal with them (DIYERS) either.. reason,,,,I bought this new part installed it & my a/c , furnace, etc, etc, still doesn't work,, Will you take give my money back on the part
kenmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 06:48 PM   #30
Hvac Pro
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Winnipeg, Canada
Posts: 9,818
Rewards Points: 274
Default

Where can I get OEM RHEEM parts?


None of the parts houses in my area deal with DIYers especially for gas valves and control boards. Too many get taken home, zapped and brought back as "faulty".

__________________
"Cut it twice and it is still too short".
yuri is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
oem, parts, rheem, ruud, weatherking


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rheem vs American Standard - packaged Tucson HVAC 11 07-31-2010 04:29 PM
Anybody had any problems with Amana or Rheem? Rasputin Off Topic 1 06-19-2010 01:35 PM
Rheem direct vent installation problem. oarfish Plumbing 2 03-17-2010 12:14 AM
Rheem Water Heater Questions 1972gs455 HVAC 0 01-15-2010 10:44 PM
Rheem Furnace needs parts or replacement? Bob10 HVAC 2 01-15-2010 07:10 PM




Top of Page | View New Posts

Copyright © 2003-2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.