Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 09-13-2010, 07:01 PM   #1
Seasoned DIYer

Share |

Where can I get OEM RHEEM parts?

Unless I'm getting into the refrigerant loop, I am allowed to work on my equipment. If I need parts, how do I get them?

If the system was installed by a licensed contractor, and I correctly identify the dead part, how do I get them replaced under warranty, so I can avoid paying service calls?

HVAC_NW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 07:15 PM   #2
An old Tradesmen

May not be able to. Depends on the Rheem distributor.

On warranty items. Through a distributor. you still have to pay for the part. until the distributor, is paid/reimbursed from Rheem.

For contractors, its a credit out, credit in transaction.

beenthere is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 07:19 PM   #3
Seasoned DIYer

Quote:
Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
May not be able to. Depends on the Rheem distributor.

On warranty items. Through a distributor. you still have to pay for the part. until the distributor, is paid/reimbursed from Rheem.

For contractors, its a credit out, credit in transaction.
How do I locate a distributor and who are willing to work with DIYers as long as the returned parts are defective?

For the record, the unit is properly registered with Rheem for warranty, however the installing contractor(licensed HVAC contractor, but not a Rheem dealer) probably don't have access to assistance from factory since he's not a Rheemteam
Old 09-13-2010, 07:27 PM   #4
An old Tradesmen

All he need is a contractors account at the Rheem distributor. And he can get warranty parts.
I'm not a Rheem dealer, and I can get any part for warranty.

If the dealership didn't sell the unit. they may charge a handling/processing fee for a warranty part. that is 100% up to them.

They may not deal with you. Depends on the laws in your state.

You can go to rheems website, and look for distributors in your area. Or look in the phone book.
Old 09-13-2010, 07:34 PM   #5
Seasoned DIYer

If I were to make a service call and ask for warranty repair to a nearest Ruud (closer than Rheem one) dealer contractor can they still do warranty repair or does it have to be Rheem dealer? It doesn't have to be a Rheem dealer, but I would prefer one who can access Rheemote.net and access factory reps for assistance.
Old 09-13-2010, 07:43 PM   #6
An old Tradesmen

Ruud can do warranty work on Rheem units. its the same parts.

You can call a Ruud delaer. And let them know what you think it is, that is wrong/bad. but they may still do their own diagnostics.
Old 09-13-2010, 07:44 PM   #7
HVAC / Plumbing

I'm not a rheem dealer. When have ruturned defective warranty parts to the rheem distributor. They will just exchange the part for me. I just have to fill out paper work with my co. name /address. I have been there when diyers have tried to exchange parts & they will not exchange the part for them.. Certified cntractors only... May be different in your area
kenmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 07:47 PM   #8
An old Tradesmen

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenmac View Post
I'm not a rheem dealer. When have ruturned defective warranty parts to the rheem distributor. They will just exchange the part for me. I just have to fill out paper work with my co. name /address. I have been there when diyers have tried to exchange parts & they will not exchange the part for them.. Certified cntractors only... May be different in your area
Are you an owner, or tech.

They probably do a credit in credit out on your account that you don't take notice to.
Old 09-13-2010, 07:51 PM   #9
HVAC / Plumbing

Quote:
Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
Are you an owner, or tech.

They probably do a credit in credit out on your account that you don't take notice to.
not sure what your asking,,,
I'm the owner / tech of my co. I only have a cash account with them. I've never paid any dollars to them for x changing warranty parts. I only fill out warranty paper work with my cert #
Old 09-13-2010, 07:57 PM   #10
Hvac Pro

HVAC, which unit did you buy? Unless it is the modulating unit we can usually walk you thru it. Their modulating unit is wickedly complicated and best left to one of their techs.
Old 09-13-2010, 07:59 PM   #11
An old Tradesmen

Quote:
not sure what your asking,,,
I'm the owner / tech of my co. I only have a cash account with them. I've never paid any dollars to them for x changing warranty parts. I only fill out warranty paper work with my cert #
Ok.

Some distributors, will require cash accounts to pay for the part, and then issue them a credit later. Some will do the part exchange with out any money exchange up front. but collect later if the manufacturer rejects the warranty claim.

Varies with the distributor.

Credit accounts. Always do a credit in out transaction. Atleast around here.

I was saying. if you were a tech only . that you may not see the credit in out paper work.
Old 09-13-2010, 08:08 PM   #12
Seasoned DIYer

Quote:
What's a certified contractor? Anyone with a business license? Anyone with a EPA 608 card? Anyone with a state generic contractor's license?

A carpenter will have a contractor's license. Can I just ask a friend who's got a contractor's license to go in albeit in totally different field?
Old 09-13-2010, 08:11 PM   #13
HVAC / Plumbing

There's not many distributors around me that will do business with diyers . Some diyers will keep trying to return parts ( changing parts until they replace the bad part)
Old 09-13-2010, 08:13 PM   #14
HVAC / Plumbing

Quote:
Originally Posted by HVAC_NW View Post
What's a certified contractor? Anyone with a business license? Anyone with a EPA 608 card? Anyone with a state generic contractor's license?

A carpenter will have a contractor's license. Can I just ask a friend who's got a contractor's license to go in albeit in totally different field?

Don't know about your area.. Here it's a state HVAC license
Old 09-13-2010, 08:14 PM   #15
An old Tradesmen

When we say contractor. We are referring to an HVAC contractor/HVAC contractors license..

Tags
oem, parts, rheem, ruud, weatherking