DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (
-   HVAC (
-   -   What's an air conditoner "condenser pan"? (

BlueJello 06-03-2008 10:50 AM

What's an air conditoner "condenser pan"?
Just had a free inspection from the maintenance people in my condo and they said I need an air conditioner condenser pan. He said it was just a pan. I have no idea what it looks like since I'm missing the pan. Condo management doesn't install these things so I was wondering whether it's something I can just go to home depot and purchase or do I need to call someone to do it for me.

Also, how much do these things cost?

(P.S. I tried looking it up in wikipedia but not very helpful this time.)

Thanks for any responses.

pcampbell 06-03-2008 12:48 PM

It should collect water in case your drain backs up. Do you see a small PVC drain pipe somewhere? Where is your condensor located? In our apartment, I didn't even have access to the condensor, but we had our own system. I am not sure where they hid it.

handy man88 06-03-2008 09:54 PM

Buying the pan is easy. Lifting up the air handler and sliding the pan under it is another story.

BlueJello 06-04-2008 07:21 AM

It's in my unit in a closet and I can't see where the drain pipe is. I guess I should call someone and not mess with something I know nothing about. Thanks for the responses. I just hope it doesn't cost me too much.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:56 PM.

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1