DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (
-   HVAC (
-   -   What type Low Voltage Wire for T-Stat?? (

Skelleyman 05-10-2012 01:51 PM

What type Low Voltage Wire for T-Stat??
My split system central AC just went in. My installer/friend used an Aprilaire 8600 T-Stat. He's had great luck with those. They make an optional Outdoor temperature sensor (add-on) that I would like to install :

What type of Wire can I use with this as I'll need to splice it to extend the cable back to to the T-Stat.



sammy37 05-10-2012 02:27 PM

Thermostat wire is fine. Big box store will have 18/2.

Ralph III 05-11-2012 08:41 AM

I just installed the Aprilaire 8463 thermostat and quite happy with it. It's very easy to program and user friendly. I used tstat wire for the temp gauge as well.

Good luck

gregzoll 05-11-2012 10:11 AM

Bell wire is what it is usually called. Go to Lowe's or Home Depot. If not in the electrical aisle, it may be where they keep the thermostats and ducting, etc..

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:48 AM.

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.