What Is The Procedure Of Retroing, From Ng-lp - HVAC - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 10-05-2008, 11:15 PM   #1
1921 Sears&Robuc

Rewards Points: 75

What is the procedure of retroing, from ng-lp

I ask this becouse i have a furnace that has been converted from ng to lp, and i need to make it back to ng. now i am in a position to replace the complete gas valve if that is all that was altered during the conversion! But are the jets( not sure of technical name for them, but i have 4 jection heads on the fuel rail that look to feed the fuel into the burners) also altered during the conversion? any and all quick help will be greatly appreciated!

Advertisement

My house, a 1921 Sears-Robuk 1 1/2 story 4 bedroom, 2 bath 1975 sqr ft house! Ordered March 1921, delivered via: railcar 1922, assembled October 1922! Ignorance is not having the knowledge of', Stupidity is having the knowledge of' and not using it!
MrShadetree0222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 12:19 AM   #2
1921 Sears&Robuc

Never mind never mind, i just got some great help from the folks at Famous Parts.com. They were able to explain the hole procedure to me! I now know what the orifices are, and they are not called jets but any ways thanks for reading my post! hopefully i can get on the right track to locating the oem replacement valve and orifices. Honeywell has discontinued the exact model for my application, but i have the replacent part numbers to assist me with my search!

Advertisement

My house, a 1921 Sears-Robuk 1 1/2 story 4 bedroom, 2 bath 1975 sqr ft house! Ordered March 1921, delivered via: railcar 1922, assembled October 1922! Ignorance is not having the knowledge of', Stupidity is having the knowledge of' and not using it!
Old 10-06-2008, 05:41 AM   #3
oops, did I do that!

Rewards Points: 250

So you will be replacing the pilot orifice, the burner orifices and the gas valve?
8 Ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 11:29 AM   #4
1921 Sears&Robuc

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8 Ball View Post
So you will be replacing the pilot orifice, the burner orifices and the gas valve?
Well after speaking with my local hvac man that has done work for me in the past, i will be having to replace the spring, and the orifices, and thats it. This valve is/was an adjustable valveSo if he just replaces the spring in the valve then he will be able to reset the valve back to original specs for ng.
Old 10-06-2008, 11:53 AM   #5

Rewards Points: 150

You will also need an orifice and pilot assy change.
tk03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 06:38 PM   #6
1921 Sears&Robuc

I was able to call the gas company and they did again inform me that they were not insured to perform such acts as to retro my furnace back to natural gas! But i was able to find a new valve in town, and able to find the new orifices on the net at famous parts.com( look them up if you have hard to find must need parts they are great their) so the new orifices will be here in a few days and I will make the drive into town tomarrow to pickup the new valve and should be able to get back to work! I will not be needing the orifices for the pilot as i have electric ignition(direct ignition) for spark, not a pilot burner! Well i guess i had better get back to work, so thanks for the help so far, i do hope i have not spent all of my Free Help Points" As i am sure i will need mor ehelp as this project comes to an end!
Old 10-08-2008, 10:57 AM   #7

Rewards Points: 150

Most of the pilot assy's for natural are different than the LP one's. Why not call the manufacturer and get a parts list of what you need. Most manufcaturer's offer a kit.
tk03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 01:51 PM   #8
1921 Sears&Robuc

Issue Is Dealt With No Further Asssitance Is Needed At This Time!

Advertisement