DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

Weil-McLain Chamber Kit Replacement?

3K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  beenthere 
#1 ·
I have a 66-68 Weil McLain boiler that recently had a malfunction. Turns out that it wasn't serviced like I thought it had been and was completely clogged. I dismantled the breaching, the front cover, and even swept the chimney out. It is all cleaned out with the exception of the target wall and door blankets. The chamber kit I bought (it's for this exact model) says in the instructions not to remove the target wall or door blankets. But everywhere I'm searching on the web people are removing them and putting the new in. Is there something I'm missing? What's the proper procedure here? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

#2 ·
Well I got ahold of a professional and he told me this:

You should remove and replace the target wall blanket as this is the most important piece. The bottom blanket should be put in if given. The original door blanket should not be removed. If a new door blanket is provided in the kit then apply it over the existing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.