Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 06-12-2012, 10:22 PM   #1

Share |

Water on my blower.

I have a stacked AC unit in my double wide and I noticed the other day that water was all over my floor and in the bottom half where the blower was and my tray that catches the condensation wasn't draining. I took out the drain hose and it was clogged and I fixed that problem, let everything dry for over 24 hours and kicked it back on. After I ran it without the cover on it had no problem so I put the covers back over the unit and checked it about 45 minutes later. There was water everywhere on the bottom half where the blower is all around the electrical. I checked the drain pan and there is no leak. I'm completely lost and have no clue why the water is going everywhere. I don't know if when the covers are on if it cause such a vacuum it sucks it up, don't see how that is even possible since I've never had a problem with it like this at all ever.

Someone please help me out with this.

steelersdino58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 10:43 PM   #2

Water on my blower.

What most likely happened is when you cleaned out condensate drain you emptied the trap. Some units are under negative pressure, and unless the trap is full of water it will suck air and not allow the pan to drain therefore overflowing it. If you shut it off and wait a bit it SHOULD drain and fill the trap. If all is well with the unit that should take care of the issue, as long as the tube has no obstructions.

Old 06-12-2012, 11:11 PM   #3

Water on my blower.

Yea I hooked it back up and let it sit over night with but today when I kicked it back on, it did ok until it blew water everywhere. The pan wasn't full, it had some water in it but it wasn't full unless there is no pressure to drain it and it overflowed and caused it to blow water everywhere. See I was under the impression that the condensation dripped in the pan and drained, I wasn't aware it was on pressure if I'm reading your reply correctly. So by letting it sit it will build that pressure? And by trap are you talking about the p-trap looking piece that is on right below where the water drains.
Old 06-12-2012, 11:16 PM   #4

Water on my blower.

Open up the unit when it's off and see if the water drains. If you can fill the trap by pouring water in the pan, do that. Are you sure the pan is draining now? Some traps are clear so you can see if they are full of water or sediment. Can you feel the end of the tube when it is running...it will either suck or blow air. If it sucks the trap is empty, if it blows the trap isn't needed...it will evacuate the water by itself. I'd check again that the drain is clear, from the pan to the end. Post back if you don't mind when you get more info.

Last edited by Missouri Bound; 06-12-2012 at 11:19 PM.
Missouri Bound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 11:25 PM   #5

Water on my blower.

I'll check the pan tonight and I'll check the bottom of the hose tomorrow. Its under the house as I live in a double-wide. I filled the pan up with water and it drains, slowly from the looks of it, not like it would on a normal drain in your house and not all the water drains, leaves about a 1/4" of water but where the trap turns towards the back of the condensing unit it seems there is some sediment but I can't clearly see to the back of the pan. I'll also try to take some pictures tomorrow to post. Just trying to get this fixed asap due to the fact I live in Alabama, and it is god awful hot and humid right now. House temp running at 85 degrees with the shades down and I live in a wooded area with alot of tree coverage. Thanks for the help, I'll post more information tomorrow morning.
Old 06-13-2012, 09:34 AM   #6

Water on my blower.

Ok, I turned the unit on this am and It runs, last night, without having any cover over it or filter in place it was freezing up. Today when I turned it on and put the cover panel on the bottom where the blower is, I noticed that the water in the pan kind of gets sucked and pulled to the back of the condensing unit, when i take it back off it comes back up towards the drain but doesn't appear to be currenting towards the drain itself. I also noticed that if I put the filter in and the panel on the top on where the condensing unit is but leave the bottom panel that covers the blower off it doesn't have the water issue. It is when I put the bottom panel on that creates such a vacuum that its pulling the water and down on the blower when it sucks the air down from the condensing unit.

Last edited by steelersdino58; 06-13-2012 at 10:15 AM.