Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 01-25-2008, 04:52 AM   #1

Share |

Watch out for this loser!

I got a response from some a person named "Ed". I have copied and pasted his email address and its contents. You look for help and this loser is trying to make a buck off you!

Email from

Hello!
At first I just want to say: this is a second and the last e-mail to you and I never will bother you again. But because you actually accusing me that I was trying to rip you off I must to respond!
Look, when I wrote my first e-mail to you it wasn’t about the money. What money? $20 isn’t the money, it’s not the money for me I’m making more an hour, and it’s not the money for you: you just bought a new house. Then why $20 – because: it’s my intellectual property! I have invented this technique to resolve these particular issues and it would be very stupid on my part just give it away for free!
Honestly I didn’t expect such fast response from you. I gave it to you as an option. I thought that after a week or so you may contact me and after thorough investigation and of course a payment I’ll explain you what to do!
But you didn’t do a good homework! You didn’t do a good homework when you read my e-mail: I’ve said quote: “I following the problems like yours for months now and I never heard about any positive resolve so far”. You didn’t do a good homework when you’ve visited my website and didn’t read careful all exchanges between people trying to resolve issues like yours and my comments to it. And you didn’t do a good homework when you read the answers for you question on a forum website.
But, you know, I’m not angry at you I just extremely disappoint! Look, we all Americans the same!
We can spend dozens of thousands of dollars on something stupid, we can fill our basements up to the ceiling with unnecessary staff to the point I can’t even find a furnace while doing a service call, but we still trying to find something for free when its became absolutely clear its impossible to find for free!
Let’s take a look what so called “qualified experts” suggested to you to do:
bigMikeB

Sounds like the holes they made for the pvc piping are too small and as the pipe expands it's hanging up on the wood. The pipe should move freely in any wood that it passes through.

This so called “qualified expert” didn’t help at all he should’ve realized that your contractor already investigated this option with a zero effect.

Next “qualified expert”:
Double A

Yar, PVC is thermodynamic. One dollar word for it moves a lot when it changes temperature. Sound can carry quite a ways, so be sure to have them check the other support hangers for it as well. They may have solved the problem where the pipe exits the house, but you might have a problem before that point.

This guy didn’t read your question as well, you’ve mentioned that the company installed new hangers and it’s obviously doesn’t works. So pathetic!

If you eventually realized that I was right striate from the beginning, you may wonder why nobody, but only I know how to resolve the issue? It’s not because the other so called “qualified experts” are stupid, uneducated, poor trained and ill-advised bunch of morons: no, not at all. It’s because issues like this very rear becomes as a problem! The last time when I fixed a problem like yours was four years ago in it does occur in Mariucci’s (former Detroit lions coach) house.
As I said on my website ticking or like in your case popping noise exists almost in every house, but during a day people or out for work, or watching TV, children are running and screaming and nobody pays too much attention to such incontinence as a ticking noise. For a sleep people usually go upstairs and take their ears upstairs as well. It’s why not too many “qualified experts” meet this kind issue and have to deal with it! Clear now – I hope so!
So what are your options now?
You can try to contact me today (most unlikely) and I’ll help you for $20!
If you contact me in a week from now it will cost you $40!
After that just forget it!
Regards, Ed

.AOLWebSuite .AOLPicturesFullSizeLink { height: 1px; width: 1px; overflow: hidden; }
sb5115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 05:00 AM   #2
nap
You talking to me?

Well, based upon his literacy level, I would shy away from him anyway but he sounds like he is all BS.
nap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 05:55 AM   #3

Small-time internet scammer.
NothingsLevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 04:47 PM   #4

And if this nitwits idea does not work, do you get a refund....I dought it.
HvacWiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 06:17 PM   #5

LOL....too funny.

I'd respond back with:

"I've done my homework and came to the conclusion that you are insane"
JHill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 06:28 PM   #6

Did this all happen on this site?
ocoee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 08:05 PM   #7
no loose ends

Apparently someone doesn't get the purpose of this site. ALL suggestions shared are for the sake of assisting someone in need. I presume that those who come to this site for help in getting a situation solved does not have the resourses to hire a contractor. Or, if a contractor can ba hired, some fellow advice is inlisted by others who have similar troubles/problems.
So let's agree: Anyone soliciting money in the attempt to solve someone elses situation should be ignored. These folks don't want to help, they're seeking victims to prey upon in the guise of charity. Encourage them to go away!
undone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 07:39 AM   #8
Master General ReEngineer

Quote:
Did this all happen on this site?
Ayuh,..... I don't know if All of it happened here,....
But,....
Shortly before your post there was a reply or rebuttal from Ed which has been deleted.....

Btw,.......
Ed's grasp of the english language Isn't improving,..... At All..... :D
Bondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 08:23 AM   #9
Union HVAC Tech.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondo View Post
Ayuh,..... I don't know if All of it happened here,....
But,....
Shortly before your post there was a reply or rebuttal from Ed which has been deleted.....

Btw,.......
Ed's grasp of the english language Isn't improving,..... At All..... :D
Don't be harsh to Ed after all we are all Amerigans rite??
bigMikeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 09:00 AM   #10
Union HVAC Tech.

Quote:
Originally Posted by undone View Post
Apparently someone doesn't get the purpose of this site. ALL suggestions shared are for the sake of assisting someone in need. I presume that those who come to this site for help in getting a situation solved does not have the resourses to hire a contractor. Or, if a contractor can ba hired, some fellow advice is inlisted by others who have similar troubles/problems.
So let's agree: Anyone soliciting money in the attempt to solve someone elses situation should be ignored. These folks don't want to help, they're seeking victims to prey upon in the guise of charity. Encourage them to go away!

Maybe I'm wrong but I don't assume this. I figure some guys just like to do the work and or be in control themselves. I'm from a large Italian family and all my relatives have always done their own work and it was more a matter of pride than affordability. I have built two of my own houses and renovated every house I have ever owned and never called in any contractor to accomplish this. I am an HVAC pro and come here to help out anyone I can. I will give advice in proportion to the amount of knowledge the poster appears to have, that's why I tell some people to call a contractor and others how to proceed with a diagnosis.
Old 01-26-2008, 11:59 AM   #11
no loose ends

That too. I agree bigMike, some of us like the challenge of taking on things. Note; "I presume", I've learned to assume nothing. I realize affordability has little to do with the reason why I post my knowing of things. I just like helping folks, especially those who "can't" afford professionals.
undone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 04:00 PM   #12

(ED) should go back to school and start from the begining.maybe 2nd grade you big dummy

Last edited by coolmen; 01-26-2008 at 04:02 PM.
coolmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 06:32 PM   #13
Tired, Cold, and Damp

Response from what?
If Ed contacted you through this site, that would be considered solicitation and grounds for banning
slickshift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 07:36 AM   #14

That's where I was going with the question slickshift

It's bad enough when someone comes to a diy site for advice and the first replies are find a professional, but to attempt to charge for advice is despicable

I won't comment on his English because it may not be his first language
ocoee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 04:15 PM   #15
Union HVAC Tech.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocoee View Post
That's where I was going with the question slickshift

It's bad enough when someone comes to a diy site for advice and the first replies are find a professional, but to attempt to charge for advice is despicable

I won't comment on his English because it may not be his first language
I agree with what you said except for the part about find a professional. Maybe in this case but I have read some posts where the poster has no clue and shouldn't even think about what they want to accomplish let alone try it.
Sometimes you have no realize your limitations and hire a pro.