Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 03-22-2013, 06:09 AM   #1

Share |

Wal heater

I'm looking to add a wall heater to a sunroom on our house and am curious how the height impacts its ability to heat the room. I've seen some info on the cadet heaters and they recommend you mount the heater 12" from the floor, but I'm thinking of putting ours 24-36" up from the floor. The room gets heat from the house furnace (leave the french doors open all the time) so this is just for supplemental heat and is primarily going in so I can count the square footage of the sunroom in the house. The sunroom is about 280 sqft and we would like to capitalize on it if we ever have to sell the house.

USNrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 06:20 AM   #2

Wal heater

Heat rises, the lower it is the more of the floor will get warmed, and more of the coldest air will get preheated and rise.
Have you concidered baseboard heating that gets placed under the windows to reduce heating loss?

joecaption is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 06:52 AM   #3

Wal heater

I've given baseboard heating a small thought. We have furniture up against most of the walls and I'm not sure baseboard heating will work unless I figure out how to rearrange the furniture allowing for more open space.
Old 03-22-2013, 08:26 AM   #4

Wal heater

Strange rules pertaining to living area I must say.
Fairview is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 05:40 PM   #5
An old Tradesmen

Wal heater

The higher you put it, the colder the floor will be. And you might find that it is unusable after having spent that money. Along with a home inspector questioning how well it orks when you go to sell.
Old 03-23-2013, 10:13 AM   #6

Wal heater

After re-evaluating the room and the requirement for hard wired heat I believe I have found a suitable location that will allow it to be closer to the floor, have more than enough clearance from anything and actually be in an ideal location to circulate the air in the room. ow I just gotta go and buy the darn thing and get to the installation.