Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 11-08-2009, 02:30 PM   #1

Share |

vision pro stat wiring

I put a vision pro 3 stage heat/2 stage cool in my father in-law house after he had a new air handler and heat pump installed .I replaced a white rodgers 2 stage heat/1 stage cool stat.My question is when I hooked it up the directions made it seem like the HP would go on aux heat and the heat strips would go on the EM heat.My question is having the wire on the o/b terminal, will it make the HP run in heating mode with out havingthe heat pump wired to aux heat. .Because I would think if they are saying 3 stages of heat then the heat pump would run off of the o/b terminal and 2nd stage off the aux and 3rd stage off the em.I talked to honeywell about it and they said the heat strips are jumpered together off of the 3 stage em heat.So i just want a opinion on if this seems right.
Thank's Joe

jsmith929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 02:44 PM   #2
Retired from the grind

vision pro stat wiring

Look at the book for the air handler, then match the wire colors on the unit, to what the air handler book states. Then draw a schematic of both the thermo & air handler & match wires to correct terminals. This is why manufacturers have directions, and why HVAC techs are paid to repair home owner foul ups.

gregzoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 03:35 PM   #3

vision pro stat wiring

If you have a 2 speed heatpump with aux heat you will have 3 stage heat.
Most applications will not have 3 stage heat.

The emergency heat terminal will not get energized in heat mode regardless of how much demand that you have. It will only be energized in emergency heat mode.

In emergency heat mode the stat will energize E untill demand is greater than 2 degrees, at which time it will then also energize Aux.

Y (compressor) energized along with G (fan) and lack of O is first stage heat. (or B also energized for Rheem/Ruud)
Houston204 is offline   Reply With Quote