Vexar Mobile Home Furnace Problem. - HVAC - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 09-24-2011, 08:23 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 150

Vexar mobile home furnace problem.

Sometimes all is well, other times i get three green flashes on the circuit board indicating a bad combustion air switch. Just what does the two blue wires from this switch connect to? As it appears the wires connect to a coil of some sort, in the fume exit stack. its the sequence of operation that I need. Bernie

Advertisement

bernieb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 10:11 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 2,000

the stat heat call starts the combuston blower and that silver round swith pressure from the fan tells the furnace circuit air is being supplied to the burner section and the pilot will light and proff out and the burner runs ...any bouce on that air switch during heating re starts that cycle...even if the ID is running the switch might be holding your head out ..check the tubes for water check the squirrel cage on that ID section might have dirt on the rounds....to test the pressure switch turn the gas valve to pilot and call for heat ID will run and pull the tube off the pressure switch ...back ON then OFF repeat it the switch should make with a click to call the pilot to spark with the tube back ON

Advertisement

biggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 03:35 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 150

What I called a fume exit stack must only carry air for combustion, okay I got that, but I'm still confused about the coil or transformer that the two wires from the pressure switch go to. Is it a step down transformer that the circuit board needs, or is it a part of a solinoid that controls a damper so to speak? Anyway thanks Biggles for your knowledge on the sequence of operation. Bernie
bernieb is offline   Reply With Quote