Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 10-06-2010, 08:44 PM   #1

Share |

Venting fireplace? Suggestions???

I am going to be finishing my basement and plan on adding a vented gas fireplace. I attached the photo. My question is how can this be vented? I think I am going to have to hire a professional to do it but I'm wondering if it's possible to have it in this space for planning purposes. Is there enough room to go right above the foundation? Any suggestions would be great.
Attached Thumbnails
Venting fireplace?  Suggestions???-closeup.jpg   Venting fireplace?  Suggestions???-full.jpg  

gabel8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 08:54 PM   #2
Hvac Pro

Venting fireplace? Suggestions???

There are very specific code and manufacturers specs and requirements/clearances for them. Best to get some quotes and let them tell you what is available. Try not to have it exhausted any closer than 2 feet from the ground level outside if you get snowbanks/buildup. Need to have a free and clear path for the wind to blow the exhaust away. Had a poster last year with terrible flamerollout problems as there was a corner wall near where they vented it and it was vented close to the ground.

Last edited by yuri; 10-06-2010 at 08:57 PM.
yuri is offline   Reply With Quote