Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 08-27-2013, 11:49 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

vent pipe prison

Little problem here. Carrier 58RAV90. Series 110. Want to remove the blower to replace a motor. Blower housing has that slide support thing. So you have to slide it out the cabinet. Only one way to go. Only thereís a vent pipe in the way. Vent pipe extends into the adjoining cabinet by an inch or so where it appears to be seated in another sliding flange type connect. Canít quite make it out. Appears the vent pipe has a perpendicular flange base designed to be seated in the next component, which is seated in the next component like a daisy chain. Note real sure. Took a magnifying glass to see if I could see a seem between the vent pipe and the next component. Inconclusive. Doesnít make any sense that it had a screw, just one screw near the base of the vent pipe. Didnít appear to serve any useful purpose. I also canít make heads or tails which direction it is the vent pipe flange base is supposed to slide, if indeed it does. I removed every screw in the compartment, including the rear interior panel. Nothing will budge. Ridiculous. Thereís some white putty sealing everything, but I donít think thatís locking everything together. So it appears I will have to hack saw the darn vent to get it off. It wonít budge. Used a giant vise grip on it, too. What gives? Why is this so difficult?

Twolfband is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 11:52 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 256

vent pipe prison

HUH?

Remember, a picture is worth a thousand words. Just saying.

old_squid is offline   Reply With Quote