Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 07-25-2010, 02:22 PM   #1

Share |

Vaulted Family Room hotter than rest of home

Please help. My 12ft high vaulted family(19x19) room is hotter than rest of house. Please help. Live inGeorgia. Earlier this year added attic insulation to R-30. However with temps in mid and upper 90's my family room stays warmer than any other room in the house. Any suggestions? I use a ceiling fan, but when you walk in from any other room you can feel the difference. Also have a 24 yr gas Rheem furance and 14yr old Carrier 3.5 ton ac. Will be replacing with Am Standard 95%gas furnance and Am Strd 15 SEER 3.5 ton ac with new coils to get some tax advantage since system is old, but never had problems other than clogged drain. Any advice on warm family room and Am Standard system? Or opinion on heat pump with gas furnance instead. Live in Georgia and it's hot and humid here. Thank you for helping guys.
softsoc is offline   Reply With Quote