Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC


Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-04-2009, 09:17 PM   #1
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Austin - Texas
Posts: 21
Rewards Points: 0
Share |

TXV, or a fixed orifice device or cap tube.

How to determine which metering device TXV or Fixed Orifice or cap tube the system has without physically looking?

Is FCCV or Expansion valve a kind of metering device?

Thanks ALL

cralx2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 09:21 PM   #2
GC/Master Plumber/Mech
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Hays, KS
Posts: 1,470
Rewards Points: 0

TXV, or a fixed orifice device or cap tube.

There is only a few screws on the front panel and the simplest way to sneek a peek

Yes a txv is a metering device

John Wayne once said "Life is tough and it is even tougher if you are stupid"

Tempstar and Trane Dealer
Plumber101 is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Fixed Orifice carlb7 HVAC 1 01-13-2009 03:58 PM
knob and tube question marin001 Electrical 7 12-21-2008 03:49 PM
Water tube to fridge... Wolf_22 Appliances 9 04-04-2008 12:36 PM
Knob & Tube wiring - How concerned should we be? hotdiggitydog Electrical 6 04-11-2006 07:52 PM

Top of Page | View New Posts

Copyright © 2003-2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.