Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 09-25-2011, 02:29 PM   #1

Share |

Two stage heating thermostat recommendation

I just installed a new 80k btu York high efficiency two stage gas furnance in our vacation property. I picked up a basic manual two stage stat from the orange box store, but I'm not happy with the performance. It's a no name Filtrete brand stat and I should have known better than to buy something cheap. The thermostat will call for heat and then kick out 10-15 seconds later before the blower even kicks in. This happens for 2-3 times before the furnace will run for a cycle.

Anyway, I don't need any fancy programming capabilities since this will be installed in a vacation property. I'm looking for something simple and reliable, but with two stage capability. Any recommendations?

Old 09-25-2011, 03:57 PM   #2
Retired from the grind

Two stage heating thermostat recommendation

Here is a search for Honeywell thermostats that are non-programmable multi stage: http://search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt=...te=&fr2=sp-top If you want something that you can access or monitor while away, you could look at the 3m Filtrete CT-50, which is manufactured by Radiothermostat.com. It has a Simple screen, which allows it to work like a non-programmable.

Ren: Now listen, Cadet. I've got a job for you. See this button? Ren: Don't touch it! It's the History Eraser button, you fool! Stimpy: So what'll happen? Ren: That's just it. We don't know. Maybe something bad, maybe something good. I guess we'll never know, 'cause you're going to guard it. You won't touch it, will you?

Last edited by gregzoll; 09-25-2011 at 04:03 PM.
gregzoll is offline   Reply With Quote