Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping


Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-26-2011, 01:33 PM   #1
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 6
Share |
Default

Trying to find the SEER/EER of my old A/C unit


Trying to find the SEER/EER of my old A/C unit. It is a 2 1/2 ton YORK Model H1DH.

Trying to find out what I have as far ass "efficiency" rating is. It is about 17years old. Hoping some of the HVAC guys here might have access to this information. Surprisingly it doesn't come up in a Google search.

Thanks,
Ed
MisterEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 01:47 PM   #2
Hvac Pro
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Winnipeg, Canada
Posts: 8,329
Default

Trying to find the SEER/EER of my old A/C unit


1993 it was either 8 or 10 SEER. Probably 8. Compressor valves are worn now and it has lost capacity and efficiency. SEER also depends on what type of A coil/evaporator coil it was matched with. Some Yorks had box coils.
__________________
"Cut it twice and it is still too short".
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
yuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 04:03 PM   #3
An old Tradesmen
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: PA
Posts: 23,452
Default

Trying to find the SEER/EER of my old A/C unit


Of course, brand and model numbers would help us help you.
beenthere is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 04:09 PM   #4
Experienced
 
Jackofall1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Southern Michigan
Posts: 2,822
Default

Trying to find the SEER/EER of my old A/C unit


Heres what a quick search turned up for me

SEER stands for "Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio". The systems purchased today typically range from 10.00 SEER to 18.00 SEER. If you have a home and the current system is 10-15 years old, you may have a system that ranges from 6.0 SEER to 10.00 SEER. Of course at the time it was installed, 10.00 SEER was considered "High Efficiency". Today, with all the focus on conservation and energy savings, that "High Efficiency 10.00 SEER" from 10-15 years ago is growing obsolete.
__________________
When its all said and done there is usually more said than done
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Jackofall1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 04:32 PM   #5
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 6
Default

Trying to find the SEER/EER of my old A/C unit


Quote:
Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
Of course, brand and model numbers would help us help you.
Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Please "carefully" read the original post.
MisterEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 04:34 PM   #6
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 6
Default

Trying to find the SEER/EER of my old A/C unit


Quote:
Originally Posted by yuri View Post
1993 it was either 8 or 10 SEER. Probably 8. Compressor valves are worn now and it has lost capacity and efficiency. SEER also depends on what type of A coil/evaporator coil it was matched with. Some Yorks had box coils.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackofall1 View Post
Heres what a quick search turned up for me

SEER stands for "Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio". The systems purchased today typically range from 10.00 SEER to 18.00 SEER. If you have a home and the current system is 10-15 years old, you may have a system that ranges from 6.0 SEER to 10.00 SEER. Of course at the time it was installed, 10.00 SEER was considered "High Efficiency". Today, with all the focus on conservation and energy savings, that "High Efficiency 10.00 SEER" from 10-15 years ago is growing obsolete.
Thanks!
MisterEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 08:03 PM   #7
An old Tradesmen
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: PA
Posts: 23,452
Default

Trying to find the SEER/EER of my old A/C unit


Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterEd View Post
Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Please "carefully" read the original post.
Please carefully post Complete model number of both the outdoor and indoor.

Since the SEER and EER rating is based on both.
beenthere is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 08:13 PM   #8
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 6
Default

Trying to find the SEER/EER of my old A/C unit


Quote:
Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
Please carefully post Complete model number of both the outdoor and indoor.

Since the SEER and EER rating is based on both.
Unfortunately the indoor (coil) is pretty much sealed up in our furnace so I can't be much help there but here is a photo of the label on the outdoor unit.
Attached Thumbnails
Trying to find the SEER/EER of my old A/C unit-2-26-2011-1-45-49-pm.jpg  
MisterEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 08:21 PM   #9
An old Tradesmen
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: PA
Posts: 23,452
Default

Trying to find the SEER/EER of my old A/C unit


The H1DH was a "High" efficiency model line for its time.
It was up to 12 SEER. Yours may or may not be close to that, not knowing what the indoor unit is.
beenthere is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 07:11 AM   #10
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: PENNSYLVANIA
Posts: 2,138
Default

Trying to find the SEER/EER of my old A/C unit


You got to keep snooping until you find it. It has to be there somewhere.
If you want been to give you the SEER. Oh what the heck buy a new one don't matter now after all those years it's not EFF with all the hidden dirt in the evap and condenser and the sloppy valves and pistons your EFF is gone. Only keep it if it runs good without breakdowns. If your looking for SEER buy a new one.
COLDIRON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 07:20 AM   #11
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 6
Default

Trying to find the SEER/EER of my old A/C unit


Quote:
Originally Posted by COLDIRON View Post
You got to keep snooping until you find it. It has to be there somewhere.
If you want been to give you the SEER. Oh what the heck buy a new one don't matter now after all those years it's not EFF with all the hidden dirt in the evap and condenser and the sloppy valves and pistons your EFF is gone. Only keep it if it runs good without breakdowns. If your looking for SEER buy a new one.
Yes, I am buying a new one as well as a furnace which was why I was curious as to what I HAD vs what I am going to GET.
MisterEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 11:18 AM   #12
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: PENNSYLVANIA
Posts: 2,138
Default

Trying to find the SEER/EER of my old A/C unit


Guess only 8 to 10
COLDIRON is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
$1440+ labor only repair on 3 yr. old Goodman unit!?! JMK HVAC 23 05-06-2012 10:45 AM
Rheem AC unit compressor issues Ogazami HVAC 2 11-29-2010 05:54 PM
AC Window Unit Size, 10k or 12k? Tuksonrider HVAC 7 06-17-2010 11:35 PM
AC condensing unit failure? Hotinsummer HVAC 3 08-09-2009 02:08 PM
Trying to Find out Age of Trane AC Unit ali_bran HVAC 9 07-20-2009 04:37 AM




Top of Page | View New Posts

Copyright © 2003-2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.