Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 11-02-2012, 06:59 PM   #1

Share |

true or false

However I have pulled many of the old mercury style thermostats off a wall that have been there for 30 or 40 years. This tells us if we want less breakdowns DO NOT INSTALL A DIGITAL THERMOSTAT.

This makes our install furnace review simple. I will list the most common furnaces and discard the complicated to install and maintain.

Install Furnace
1. Heil – Nope to complicated
2. Lennox – Nope way to complicated, and they like to use you as a field beta tester. They are in my opinion the worst on the market. They trap you into using only lennox certified mechanics, that’s because only their mechanics can get to the data needed to fix your machine, and they will only sell their parts to a lennox dealer so nobody else on the planet can get their parts
3. York – They are not that bad, still a little complicated, but good with service.
4. Trane – My opinion they are the second worse just a tick below the Lennox, but nearly as complicate. However their parts are a bit easier to come buy
5. Goodman – Ding Ding Ding – We have a winner folks. Belive it or not I have had less problems with the Goodman products then any other of the brands that I have installed above. Their parts are easily had at a local Johnstones supply store (nationwide) . Their customer service is second to none. However they have to be set up exactly like their instructions state.

rick31797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 07:11 PM   #2
AKA HVACTECHFW

true or false

False..............

Old 11-02-2012, 07:34 PM   #3

true or false

i have had a digital thermostat for a very long time and never have i had a problem with it..

As far as furnaces go like cars there are good and bad in all brands.Most of the working parts in a furnace is not even made by the brand name, and some furnace share the same components..
rick31797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 07:50 PM   #4

true or false

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick31797 View Post
However I have pulled many of the old mercury style thermostats off a wall that have been there for 30 or 40 years. This tells us if we want less breakdowns DO NOT INSTALL A DIGITAL THERMOSTAT.

This makes our install furnace review simple. I will list the most common furnaces and discard the complicated to install and maintain.

Install Furnace
1. Heil – Nope to complicated
2. Lennox – Nope way to complicated, and they like to use you as a field beta tester. They are in my opinion the worst on the market. They trap you into using only lennox certified mechanics, that’s because only their mechanics can get to the data needed to fix your machine, and they will only sell their parts to a lennox dealer so nobody else on the planet can get their parts
3. York – They are not that bad, still a little complicated, but good with service.
4. Trane – My opinion they are the second worse just a tick below the Lennox, but nearly as complicate. However their parts are a bit easier to come buy
5. Goodman – Ding Ding Ding – We have a winner folks. Belive it or not I have had less problems with the Goodman products then any other of the brands that I have installed above. Their parts are easily had at a local Johnstones supply store (nationwide) . Their customer service is second to none. However they have to be set up exactly like their instructions state.
rick you last sentance says it all....all hvac equiptment NEEDS to be installed according to the manufactors instructions and the proper education that you ..I.. and everyone else... should have to be qualified to install and service all makes and models... alot of troubles and faliures from hvac systems.....stems from poor installations.....ben sr
ben's plumbing is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ben's plumbing For This Useful Post:
hvactech126 (11-02-2012), Technow (11-02-2012)
Old 11-02-2012, 08:13 PM   #5
how

true or false

No one denies that older thermostats are much more reliable.
I'm neutral on the other points except for your lennox complaint. Only other lennox dealers will vote "false" on statement 2.
how is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 08:43 PM   #6

true or false

4 years Lennox dealer lots of retro's and at least 80 new homes..... zero failures so far...... wait did have a cracked colector box we found on start up..... no bad for Lennox stuff I guess..... I had a Goodman now have a York wish I had a Lennox...... maybe next week I will.
carmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 08:56 PM   #7
JOATMON

true or false

My Trane has been running flawless for 6 years.....and most of the reviews on the internet would tend to counter your opinions.....

I have never had a digital temp control module fail on me......

But I have seen a lot of true/false troll posts......

My 2-Story Addition Build in Progress Link ... My Garage Build Link and My Jeep Build Link
ddawg16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 09:04 PM   #8

true or false

I really don't pay much attention to the internet ....... just looked up numbers ... 267 Lennox furnaces 1.. warranty........ those are facts..... internet not always facts.....

carmon is offline   Reply With Quote