True Comfort Thermostat - HVAC - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 06-27-2010, 08:27 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10
Question

True Comfort Thermostat

Hi There,
Recently installed 2 (240V) True comfort systems, to cover a roughly 200 Sq foot area. Needed two, because of weird configuration in room and couldn't get the square footage exact. Here's my question, at $180.00 a pop, do I really need 2 240v thermostats? The controls for both are in the same area so I want them to work simultaneous, can I possibly run them both off the same thermostat? As an FYI, I'm not interested in using the temperature feature ("below x degrees turn on") Just need the timed feature (6:00 am - 8:00 am). I personally don't see why I couldn't just use 1, but if it requires 2, I may opt for 2 cheaper LATICRETE for example at $70.00 per thermostat. Anyone with any thoughts on this subject?

Thanks in advance,

Nikki

Advertisement

intotao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 10:48 AM   #2
An old Tradesmen

Rewards Points: 4,704

True Comfort Thermostat

Depends on how many watts the heaters are, and how many watts the thermostats can control.

PS: moved to HVAC forum, flooring was not the correct forum for an HVAC question.

Advertisement

beenthere is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 11:01 AM   #3

True Comfort Thermostat

Thanks so much for the reply, and sorting out my categorization mistake, cheers. Here's the thing, the True comfort web site is virtually no help and does not have a manual (so no details on the actual thermostat) That being said, I have 76 sq foot kit and a 126 square foot kit, combined wattage output of 2200. They also sell up to a 264 square foot kit, which uses the same thermostat. (I'll check the box to see what wattage it is when I get there) I guess just go and check the thermostat box, the 260 sq ft box and do some quick math. Other than that, do you foresee any issue should it be under the allowable wattage?

Thanks again for your help,

Nikki
Old 06-27-2010, 11:11 AM   #4
An old Tradesmen

Rewards Points: 4,704

True Comfort Thermostat

Most line voltage thermostat I deal with, are able to control 3600 watts or more.
beenthere is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 12:55 PM   #5

True Comfort Thermostat

Cheers, I'll go pick it up and post when I have a definitive answer re: this particular one. Seems I'm not the only one trying to get information about this product.

Thanks again for the quick reply!

Cheers,

Tags
thermostat heated floor