Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 12-31-2011, 12:32 PM   #1

Share |

TraneXB1000 not blowing heat into house- help!

I have an 11 year old Trane XB 1000 gas furnace /heat pump and AC unit the furnace is coming on and is heating but the blower that blows the hot air up into the house is not blowing.The air that is drifting up into the house smells like burnt dust. I have checked the breakers and that part is fine. The fan outside the house is not coming on. I think because the hot air is not being blown into the house the unit is going into lockout. I really need to be able to find the problem and fix it myself if possible. This summer we had to replace a capacitor on the outside fan. Could this be a similar problem or something else.

Cyndecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 01:27 PM   #2
AKA HVACTECHFW

try turning the fan to ON at the thermostat. This will run it in cooling mode (high speed). If that does not work then you need to check from Cooling and heating speed tap on control board to common to make sure the motor is getting power.

Old 12-31-2011, 01:47 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvactech126 View Post
try turning the fan to ON at the thermostat. This will run it in cooling mode (high speed). If that does not work then you need to check from Cooling and heating speed tap on control board to common to make sure the motor is getting power.
The Fan does not come on when turned on at the thermostat in either heat or airconditioner mode or just turning on the fan switch.
How and where do I check to see if the fan is getting power. (Is it the fan in the outside unit? or is it somewhere else?)
Cyndecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 01:48 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyndecat View Post
I have an 11 year old Trane XB 1000 gas furnace /heat pump and AC unit the furnace is coming on and is heating but the blower that blows the hot air up into the house is not blowing.The air that is drifting up into the house smells like burnt dust. I have checked the breakers and that part is fine. The fan outside the house is not coming on. I think because the hot air is not being blown into the house the unit is going into lockout. I really need to be able to find the problem and fix it myself if possible. This summer we had to replace a capacitor on the outside fan. Could this be a similar problem or something else.
burnt dust? sounds like your strip heaters have kicked in, possibly to cold out side for the HP to be affective?
harleyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 05:15 PM   #5
HVAC Tech/ Browns Fan

I think that has a D.C motor indoor blower.
Tator1076 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 05:19 PM   #6
HVAC Tech/ Browns Fan

You should be able shut everything off by the break and wait for 10 min and kick back on. That motor will do a rocking mode were it check for static pressure in the ductwork. If i don't or it rocks back and forth for along time then shut off them its the module. That if it a D.C. motor. That motor will have ton of wire going to big plug into the side and other 3 wire inside top of the motor.
Tator1076 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 11:12 AM   #7
AKA HVACTECHFW

a XB model trane will NOT have the V S motor you speak of tator. XB is builders grade.