Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 10-19-2008, 09:16 PM   #1
C63

Rewards Points: 10

Trane XL90 Annual Problems

I had a new Trane XL90 2 stage furnace and AC put in 5 years ago. Every year I start it up and it fires up and runs. In a day or two after this it will not fire up. The latest message is 4 red flashes, Open High Limit Device. A year after I had this furnace it needed the fan motor replaced. I believe it has only worked once after the initial start of the cold season. I have the furnace and AC checked every year by the same company that installed it. It is cared for like a baby. I have had to go to the premium plan that will take care of all service on my furnace and AC plus the annual servicing of the furnace and AC before every season. I change the filter before every season. It has a ten year warranty on parts but does not cover service. That is why I put a service contract on it. At this rate I will have paid for a new furnace and AC if it lasts as long as the one I replaced. That was an old oil burner that lasted 25 years. I only had to change nozzels and filters every year and replaced the fan motor once. Should this be happening to a furnace that consumer's had as the least amount of call backs. Is any one else experiencing this annual issue after the furnace has run on the initial start. C63

C63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 10:55 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 2,000

You replace the filers once a season? What size are the filters?

Old 10-20-2008, 05:01 AM   #3
An old Tradesmen

Rewards Points: 2,710

Is that every heating and cooling season, or every season as in fall, winter, spring and summer.

If you only change the air filter twice a year, that could be your main problem.

Can't believe anybody actually believes consumers report is something to use to judge what equipment to buy.

Last edited by beenthere; 10-20-2008 at 05:03 AM.
beenthere is offline   Reply With Quote