Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 02-14-2008, 08:53 AM   #1

Share |

Trane XL 90

I have a Trane XL 90 Heat Pump with gas backup my problem is at times the heat pump will come on and run for awhile then will switch to gas and run for awhile then back to Heat pump, not stopping at all and at times I will shut system down and let it recycle and when it comes back up the Tstat will usually read a higher temp than before. I was looking at the furnace control box and it was blinking 20 greens and then one red not sure if this means anything. What do you think is wrong if anything

walker45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 10:27 PM   #2

Trane XL 90

Is this a new install or have you had it awhile? If it's a new install call your contractor back. It sounds like they didn't hook up the low voltage wiring correctly or didn't remove a jumper for your hybrid system.

sgthvac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 10:51 AM   #3

Trane XL 90

if it is new install somethingis going on with the stat call for heat,and the 3-way in the condenser sliding back and forth which give you your cooling or heating inside(the hottest compressor GAS runs the same in heating or cooling)till it hits the 3-way.run the cooling off the stat and see if you get the same flip-flopping.otherwise call the contractor back to verify the sta..wiring..voltages that control all(24 Volts),and the furnace operation in the heating mode.if they are coming make sure they check the pressures in the heating mode and the cooling mode and NOTE it on that follow-up call ticket for your peace of mind.
biggles is offline   Reply With Quote