Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 02-24-2008, 12:11 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 75

Trane A/C Rebates

I plan on buying and new A/C unit. I have my Man J calc and Im looking to get a Trane XV95 heater (TDH2B080A9V3VA) or maybe the new XC95(TUH3B080ACV3VA), XL16i 3 ton compressor (4TTX6036B), matching coil (# ?), and a Xl900 thermostate (TCONT900).

Im trying to find out whats the part number for a macthing coil. Does anyone know? I cant seem to find part numbers anywhere. Its going to be installed in a attic horizontial And looking for the best EER rating i can get with this system. Whats my options for coils?

Also Tranes website dont say much about getting rebates or how to get rebates. How does the rebate come about and where could I get the forms for the rebates?

Thanks JIM

integlikewhoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 12:12 AM   #2

Trane A/C Rebates

No one has any info?

Old 03-01-2008, 11:08 PM   #3

Trane A/C Rebates

I'm not a big fan of Trane ac personally, I prrefer Lennox myself. I don't like Trane's outdoor coil hard to dlean without an acid base coil cleaner. Most rebates come thru dealers you normally can't get rebates directly from the manufacter. They don't want you by-passing the dealer. As far as part numbers I might be able to find out on Mon.
Have you thought about putting ina Heat Pump instead of straight ac? HP's are more efficient than gas furnaces and works for ac as well. You can also tie it in with your gas furnace and have a hybrid system.
sgthvac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 03:33 AM   #4

Trane A/C Rebates

Thanks for the reply. I thought that about the rebate. And thats what my plan was completly. To bypass the dealer. The dealers wanted 13,500-14,700 for a complete install on my house using this equipment. I figure the equipment is 4-5k and then the duct and my free labor. So I figure I can probley do this for 7k or less easy. I was hopeing the rebates were on the equipment and not the installation and I could get those too.

As far as the heat pump goes. I have read alot about them, but never used one and I not so convinced to do it. Im just outside of LA california. My lows here are 40-50's in the cold part of winter, and mostly 70-80's the other 90% of the time. Gas here is cheap compaired to electric. Everything is gas to save money. STOVE, DYER, WATER HEATER, and Now central heat. No Electric appliances (excpet for the new a/c soon). The gas bill is still 1/4 of the electric bill here. 3 bed 2 bath house my gas bill is 25-30.00 and my electric is 100-110.00. I would much rather see my gas bill double rather then my electric bill double.

Heater really wont be run in my area that much. The a/c will get alot more use. Low to Mid 90's in the summer for about 4-5 months a year. 2 months a year is the 40's-50's and the rest is 70's-80's. I think I would never recoop the extra cost, I also think I would have more problems and it wouldnt work as well. Gas I expect it to fire up and heat the house quick.

Thanks for your info. Please let me know if you can help with a good part number for the coil. I have a friend who has his own comerical refrigeration biz that said he will by the unit for me. He dont normally install these types of unit (altho he has) and where he buys from is a distributor of the trane products. Altho they are not suposed to sell to him since hes not a Trane auth. installer, he does buy alot from them and knows the guys there and they agreed to sell to him almost everything. They will not sell him a 19 seer unit. (which is what I was trying to get orginally) So I was going to settle for a 16 seer unit. The other thing is they are not really open for alot of questions and such. Its more give me the part numbers and Ill tell you the price, then a let me help you decied on a system for your house. Thanks again JIM
Old 03-02-2008, 08:43 PM   #5

Trane A/C Rebates

I think a heat pump would work great for you in Ca., but if your gas is that cheap go for it. I live in Ohio and nothing is cheap. I have a 2500 sq. ft. house and I pay about $300 a month gas and about $100 electric. I'll try and check on that coil tomorrow.
Old 03-03-2008, 12:16 AM   #6

Trane A/C Rebates

Thanks. Look forward to it.

Heat pump im not sure just not sold. Only thing I have going is the temp here is never real low so the heat pump would probley always be able to keep up with the demand, but If i did go heat pump I would probley go hybird so im covered and the extra cost is just going to be to much for me. So ill probley just go heater.

The gas is very cheap around here(compared to electric). My house is only 1500 sf single story. Theres only me and my girl living here, and neither of are here all day. so I cant say I use all the appliances alot.
Old 03-04-2008, 08:19 PM   #7

Trane A/C Rebates

Sorry I didn't respond yesterday, I forgot to take your info in.
Trane 4TXCCC037AC3HCA horizontal left coil, don't ask me what horizontal left means. I fix em, not install em.
An 80% efficient furnace Trane Mod. # TDD080R9V3F downflow
A 90% TDY080R9V3W downflow.
I'm not sure if you are familiar, but downflow can also used as horizontal.
I hope this helps.
Old 03-04-2008, 11:01 PM   #8

Trane A/C Rebates

Thanks for the info.