Toe Kick Heaters - HVAC - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 10-31-2007, 01:29 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 150

Toe Kick Heaters

Hey all
Has anyone installed a hydronic toekick heater in a bathroom. What do you think about a 12'x12' bath with a 10000 btu towkick heater.The input is 180 deg.water. My wife doesn't want baseboards in the bathroom. And Radiant is out of the question$$$$.
Thanks

Advertisement

James Con is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 04:03 AM   #2

Toe Kick Heaters

anyone home

Advertisement

Old 11-02-2007, 07:35 AM   #3
I have gas!

Rewards Points: 1,018

Toe Kick Heaters

What specifically are you looking for? Radiant or toekick heaters are all that you really can install in many kitchens and baths because of the limited wall space available for baseboard. They operate on an automatic fan switch that senses when the heat is on. 10000 btus might be a bit too much, however. You need to figure the heat loss of the room or it might be too warm in the bathroom relative to the rest of the rooms on that zone.

Last edited by Clutchcargo; 11-02-2007 at 07:39 AM.
Clutchcargo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 10:29 AM   #4

Toe Kick Heaters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutchcargo View Post
What specifically are you looking for? Radiant or toekick heaters are all that you really can install in many kitchens and baths because of the limited wall space available for baseboard. They operate on an automatic fan switch that senses when the heat is on. 10000 btus might be a bit too much, however. You need to figure the heat loss of the room or it might be too warm in the bathroom relative to the rest of the rooms on that zone.
I can't go with the radiant floor heat due to the cost factor, It would be around $1200 for electric mat and a little more for hydronic floor radiant. So I am stuck with either hydronic baseboard or Hydronic toekick. I decided to go with toekick. I used a heatloss calculator that slant/fin provides on there website, I put all the info in the program and it came up with 2657 btu in heat loss. When I said 10000 I was looking at the wrong numbers in the program.
Now what do I do with the 2657 btu's of heatloss in the bath? Do I use this number to figure out the size unit I need. Or do I have to take some other information into consideration. I'm probably making a mountain out of a mole hill with this little bath but I have to figure the whole additions heatloss and I would like to know how it is figured so I can do it right and not just slap baseboard on the walls and hope it is enough or maybe to much.
Old 11-05-2007, 12:17 PM   #5
I have gas!

Rewards Points: 1,018

Toe Kick Heaters

Are you tapping into the existing zone? You do want to size the heating system correctly but second to that and equally as important is to make sure they are correctly sized relative to each other to avoid cold or hot rooms. With baseboard, you do have a bit of adjustment in each room by adjusting the louvers.
Old 11-06-2007, 01:46 AM   #6

Toe Kick Heaters

I am going to have two new zones for the addition. One zone for a 29' x 26' livingroom on the first floor. And the other zone is the second floor master bedroom 20'x20',awalkin closet 12'x12' and the bath 12'x12'. I am gonna put Hyd baseboard in the bedroom,a toekick in the bath and a toe kick in the closet under one of the cabinets. Do you think I should put a third zone for the bath and closet this way the water is still hot by the time it reaches the toe kicks.

Advertisement