Thoughts On Weil Mclane Boilers - HVAC - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 04-11-2011, 10:34 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Thoughts on Weil Mclane boilers

Hi,

Live in Vermont- 3-4 weeks ago I notices a hissing coming from the boiler, not only that but some rust colored water would come out of the when I initially turned the hot on. Up until a week ago, I had discovered one of the six bolts had broken or rusted through, in a week since another bolt has broken by itself and I just looked again a different volt is leaking pretty good. ALl the bolts have evidence of leaking. We have owned our house for almost 2 years the boiler was here when we got it.

The weather has turned for the better, so I have shut the boiler off and I went to lowes and got a 50 Gallon, electric water heater. East install just rerouted the hot and cold and, the previous owner had ran a 10/3 30 amp to the garage for a welder or air compressor, so I pulled that and used that for the water heater. I have hot water.

Now a I have a opportunity to buy a 5 year old Weil McLain. I will be replacing a Superior boiler, I have learned that the company is and has been out of business for quite a while. Not good for replacement parts.

How does the condition of the weil mclain boiler look? Is there anyway to really date the boiler? from what i have researched theey are a good boiler. I rent my burner from my gas supplier as it is cheap and I get free 24/7/365 maintenance and emergency calls. Here are some pics. I can buy this boiler for $325

Any information welcome.
Thanks!

Advertisement

Last edited by iamsaws; 04-12-2011 at 02:42 PM.
iamsaws is offline   Reply With Quote