DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (
-   HVAC (
-   -   Though the wall vent removal (

philiplouis 07-12-2008 11:41 PM

Though the wall vent removal
I have removed an old though the wall space heater….which went though a brick wall it is an 8 inch Vent.....for air intake and inside of the 8 is 4 inch for the flue. What I need is the plate ......A Terminal boot for the out side. ..Please advise me a what this part is truly called where to buy it......i will plaster the inside....however i need the plate for the outside

8 Ball 07-13-2008 06:50 AM

You had a concentric vent.

8in vent caps are available at Home Depot or Lowes for a few dollars. They are made of galvanized metal and will last a couple of years before they rust.

A local sheetmetal shop can make a stainless steel vent cap for you that wont rust for quite a while.

If you need a plate, same thing... measure it up, and have a local sheetmetal shop make it up.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:22 AM.

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1