Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 10-22-2006, 02:26 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 0
Share |

Thermostats - Changing

I am trying to change my existing thermostat (Weathertron) for our heat pump with a Noma THM303M. The heatpump has an electric forced air furnace back-up. The wires that are attached to the existing thermostat are labelled as follows: R, G, Y, X2, B, W, F, O
There is a wire running from X2 to W in addition to the wire that is going to X2. This wire does not come from the wall but appears to connect X2 to W (hopefully that makes sense). The connections for the Noma unit are specified in an 11:40 am (yesterday) post.
Any help you can provide would be appreciated!

Spuds105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 11:39 AM   #2
Thoroughbred Mopar Man

Thermostats - Changing

Hi Spuds105

Sorry, when I was thumbing through I missed this. You can disregaurd the other response if you like. X2 on this thermostat is the emergengy heat output or on other manufacturers stats would be marked with an E. F on your current thermostat would be the same as the L on other thermostats. B is only for accessory output in heat mode. The biggest thing to remeber is when you set up your sofware in the stat, is to set it up for your aplication. Some thermostats use dip switches and some you have to use the buttons to get into. Let me know if I confused you and I will try to explain better.

Good luck, Let me know if you need any further help.
Rusty

#CARRIERMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 11:48 AM   #3

Thermostats - Changing

Hi Carrierman,
The back-up furnace is an electric forced air furnace, not gas.
Hopefully this helps you figure it out for me.
Thanks!
Murray
Old 10-23-2006, 11:52 AM   #4

Thermostats - Changing

Oops! Didn't see your second post before sending off the reply about the gas/electric question.
I'm a bit confused about your wording about "buttons" and also "software". I am going to guess that stat is simply short form for thermostat (?). Are you familiar with the Noma stat I am putting in? Do you mean the programming of the different settings that can be put in when you refer to software?
Thanks again for the help!
Murray
Old 10-23-2006, 01:18 PM   #5
Thoroughbred Mopar Man

Thermostats - Changing

Hi Spuds105

The software is only relevent to the digital thermostat, never saw a noma thermostat. If its a digital thermostat there are peramiters that need to be set inside of it. Look through your installation instructions, it should have a part in it called thermostat configuration. If it does just follow the instructions, don't let it Buffalo you, its really pretty easy. Make sure that you follow your wiring diagram also for the appliction you are using. If I can be of any further assistance please contact me.

Good luck.
Rusty
#CARRIERMAN is offline   Reply With Quote