Thermostat Problem - HVAC - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 07-23-2011, 08:12 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

thermostat problem

hi
I am here new we are having big problems in my condo (tenant) in Mississauga high rise building my owner is out of country and I have only way to contact with him is E.Mail
Our apartment thermostat is not working I mean we have only fan no cooling what I can do, mean can I change the thermostat (Honeywell) or else when we see the Super he told us might be need thermostat.

Advertisement

ahmedali86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 09:24 PM   #2

thermostat problem

If it is a programble one you might need to change the battary and then reset it. Should be a button on it for reset. Also check your fiter and see if it needs changing or the conensate line could be plug. This is the drain pipe that drain outside.

Advertisement

Last edited by bobzam; 07-23-2011 at 09:25 PM. Reason: speling
bobzam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 10:20 PM   #3

thermostat problem

thanks BobZam the thermostat I think is manual and I did not see any drain pipe ,it is centeral cooling systems of our building,
ahmedali86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 08:10 AM   #4

Rewards Points: 2,000

thermostat problem

so you don't have a compressor just chilled water going to the fan section that the stat controls from the building....if so at the fan section there is an actuator/control valve if it has a slide bar on it just push it over lock it down to open up the chilled water into the fan coil.....
biggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 08:38 AM   #5

Rewards Points: 2,000

thermostat problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobzam View Post
If it is a programble one you might need to change the battary and then reset it. Should be a button on it for reset. Also check your fiter and see if it needs changing or the conensate line could be plug. This is the drain pipe that drain outside.
If you have an LCD display on your thermostat and the display is faded, change the battery. Some units are line voltage(110 volts) and should not be touched by the inexperienced.
If this is a high rise building with numerous tenants, there should be a service component for repairs regardless of where the owner is.
If your's is the only unit that is effected, it's probably the thermostat and the repair guys should be able to deal with it in a timely manner.
If it's the central A/C unit, a repair company will need to be brought in. If the Super is the liason, contact him.
Ron6519 is offline   Reply With Quote