Test For Bryant Furnace Control Center? - HVAC - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 03-27-2009, 10:31 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Test for Bryant furnace control center?

I have a Bryant plus 90 (350 MAV) furnace that is not working. The thermostat sends the signal to the furnace calling for heat. Although the blower and inducer motor operate, the furnace fails to ignite and gives a fault code of 31. I have cleared all obstructions replaced the pressure switch, and changed the ignitor assembly. Indications are that it may be the control center. Is there a way to test the control center before replacing it?

Advertisement

nina01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 10:38 PM   #2
Hvac Pro

Rewards Points: 912

Are you sure you want to keep replacing the parts in the furnace?? I have worked on lots of them and there are some problems that only a experienced Carrier/Bryant tech would know about and require dismantling parts of the furnace beyond a DIY ability. The pressure switch and vacuum should be checked with a manometer. There is no test for those boards and you may replace it only to find out it is not faulty.

Advertisement

yuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 10:51 PM   #3
GC/Master Plumber/Mech

Rewards Points: 504

Sure would be a shame to replace the control board when the inducer may not be getting up to full speed causing enough neg pressue to close the switch.

I agree with Yuri. If you want to just throw parts at this unit in the long run it may be cheaper to have a pro diag it for you and then you may do your own repair.

Play it safe brother.
Plumber101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 11:02 PM   #4
HVAC / Plumbing

Rewards Points: 1,000

In the other thread . I don't know of anyone that said replace parts until fixed... We gave a list of things to check.. If you don't know how to check with a v m. I suggest to call someone to check instead of replacing parts. At some point you will have a new furnace
kenmac is offline   Reply With Quote