Tankless Gas Fired W/H - HVAC - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 03-24-2011, 02:38 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Tankless gas fired W/H

Hello, I have been going through the posts but could not find a specific post regarding my problem. I have this vaillant Tankless gas fired W/H, when I open the hot water tap for the first time, it starts up ok, and as the tank is only about only five feet above the W/H I switch on a small pump for pressure and it fires up quite good. The problem is when I try to light it again after it is switched off for shampooing and soaping. When the tap is opened it dos`nt fire up and after some seconds it lights up with a bang and off again with the pilot lamp too, sometimes it`s scary. I was wondering if it could be that the first time the hot tap is opened, warm water gets in the system because the pilot lamp warms the water in the W/H copper pipes while afterwards it does not fire because of the cold water that gets in the system. Can someone please confirm my suspicion and how to solve this problem. Sorry for writing so long

Thanks

Advertisement

Last edited by lonzu; 03-24-2011 at 02:41 PM. Reason: change
lonzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 04:29 PM   #2
An old Tradesmen

Rewards Points: 4,488

Tankless gas fired W/H

Have someone run water while your down watching the unit. And then see what it really does.

Advertisement

beenthere is offline   Reply With Quote