Taco 007-f5 Pump - HVAC - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 11-22-2012, 09:50 PM   #1
Retired Army Veteran

Rewards Points: 1,386

taco 007-f5 pump

I will be installing 2 new taco 007-f5 pumps to replace old ones. as you can see by the pics old ones have arrows pointing towards boiler. which was how they did it back in the eightees. I read somewhere it really doesn't matter which direction they point, but that the new science today it's better to point them away from bolier (arrows pointing up), to push the water to the zones as opposed to pushing through the boiler then out to zones. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

New Picture #12 #13 here.

Advertisement

Last edited by jmon; 11-22-2012 at 09:54 PM.
jmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 10:06 PM   #2
An old Tradesmen

Rewards Points: 4,698

taco 007-f5 pump

Unless your relocating the circs to the supply side of the boiler. they have to be installed like the old ones are.

Advertisement

beenthere is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to beenthere For This Useful Post:
jmon (11-22-2012)
Old 11-22-2012, 10:36 PM   #3
Retired Army Veteran

taco 007-f5 pump

then I guess those pics are the return lines to the boiler?. I thought they were the supply lines. Do you need more pics? or can you tell by looking at the current ones? thanks
Old 11-22-2012, 10:54 PM   #4
Retired Army Veteran

taco 007-f5 pump

instruction sheet confirms what you said. the arrows point down on return line and up on supply line. those 2 circulators are connected to the side marked inlet on boiler, which is the return. The side marked outlet, is going to the appropriate supply zones. They must go just like the old ones. thanks for verifying it for me. Sometimes when reading new data, I may have lost something in the translation. thanks again.
Old 11-23-2012, 05:09 AM   #5
An old Tradesmen

taco 007-f5 pump

Your welcome.
Old 11-23-2012, 10:21 AM   #6
Retired Army Veteran

taco 007-f5 pump

I have 2 choices now. The original which you see in the pics taco 007-f5, or the new taco 007-f5-7ifc which has a feature called integral flow check. Both are the same price. According to pexsupply they recommend the one with ifc if you don't need water to pass through the pump. they say it eliminates any back flow of water. They make both because some people need water to be able to pass through the pump even when pump is off. The original 007-f5, i guess water can pass through that even when pump is off. looking at the pics, do I need water to pass through the pump? I have a seperate hot water heater for hot water. I use this boiler about 5 months out of the year just for heating the house, the rest of the time it's off. What would you recommend? the new taco 007-f5-ifc or the original taco 007-f5 you see in the pics? Just want to make sure i get the right one that will work with my system. Thanks.

Last edited by jmon; 11-23-2012 at 10:24 AM.
Old 11-23-2012, 10:30 AM   #7
Master General ReEngineer

Rewards Points: 2,286

taco 007-f5 pump

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmon View Post
I have 2 choices now. The original which you see in the pics taco 007-f5, or the new taco 007-f5-7ifc which has a feature called integral flow check. Both are the same price. According to pexsupply they recommend the one with ifc if you don't need water to pass through the pump. they say it eliminates any back flow of water. They make both because some people need water to be able to pass through the pump even when pump is off. The original 007-f5, i guess water can pass through that even when pump is off. looking at the pics, do I need water to pass through the pump? I have a seperate hot water heater for hot water. I use this boiler about 5 months out of the year just for heating the house, the rest of the time it's off. What would you recommend? the new taco 007-f5-ifc or the original taco 007-f5 you see in the pics? Just want to make sure i get the right one that will work with my system. Thanks.
Ayuh,.... I replaced the pumps on my boiler a couple of years ago,...

I went with the pumps, With the check-valves...

They stop any ghost heat from warming the zone that don't need heat...

I'd do the same again, so I guess, I'd recommend you do the same....
Bondo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bondo For This Useful Post:
jmon (11-23-2012)
Old 11-23-2012, 11:28 AM   #8
Retired Army Veteran

taco 007-f5 pump

thanks. I have both circulators on same return line. see pics 11,12 & 13 above or below. I would like to use the new ifc ones if possible. However, given their current configuration, I'm thinking water would need to able to move through them because they are hooked up in series? Or doesn't that matter? The water is what lubricates them. Maybe my system requires water to be able to pass through circulators given their current configuation. pexsupply says, that's why they sell both - some systems require water to be able to pass through the circulators even when they are off. they also recommend consulting with a licensed hvac technician who would be able to tell if i could use the new ifc ones or not. just want to make sure each zone will circulate heat. I don't want to burn up 2 new hundred dollar pumps. thanks.

Last edited by jmon; 11-23-2012 at 12:15 PM.
Old 11-23-2012, 01:04 PM   #9
Master General ReEngineer

Rewards Points: 2,286

taco 007-f5 pump

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmon View Post
thanks. I have both circulators on same return line. see pics 11,12 & 13 above or below. I would like to use the new ifc ones if possible. However, given their current configuration, I'm thinking water would need to able to move through them because they are hooked up in series? Or doesn't that matter? The water is what lubricates them. Maybe my system requires water to be able to pass through circulators given their current configuation. pexsupply says, that's why they sell both - some systems require water to be able to pass through the circulators even when they are off. they also recommend consulting with a licensed hvac technician who would be able to tell if i could use the new ifc ones or not. just want to make sure each zone will circulate heat. I don't want to burn up 2 new hundred dollar pumps. thanks.
Ayuh,... I see 2 pumps for 2 zones,...

Both pumps run independent of each other, they're NOT in series...
Only the boiler water is common, 'tween the 2 zones...

If ya use the pumps, w/ check-valves, there won't be any ghost flows through the pump that's not callin' for heat...

In picture #11,...
If the pump furthest from the boiler is runnin',..
There'll be ghost flows through the pump closest the boiler, due to the siphon effect...
By usin' the check-valves, Only the zone callin' for heat(pump runnin') will see hot water...
Bondo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bondo For This Useful Post:
jmon (11-23-2012)
Old 11-23-2012, 04:38 PM   #10
An old Tradesmen

taco 007-f5 pump

If you use the IFCs, your water flow through your system will be less. The IFC circs pump less water against the same amount of head as a regular 007 would. may or may not have an impact on your heat.
The Following User Says Thank You to beenthere For This Useful Post:
jmon (11-23-2012)
Old 11-23-2012, 06:27 PM   #11
Retired Army Veteran

taco 007-f5 pump

thanks all for your recommendations. really appreciated.

Advertisement